Noisy water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy water pump

I notice that I'm having strange sound when engine running from cold for about 2 min, sounded like belt rubbing on something and after removing aux belt noise was still present on cold starts so today job cambelt kit. Car only done 69k so didn't last long, in all honesty when I removed pump couldn't tell there was anything wrong with it but no more noise on cold start after replacing.

You can here this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8E...ew?usp=sharing

I changed mine at 62k it was making a racket.
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
      I notice that I'm having strange sound when engine running from cold for about 2 min, sounded like belt rubbing on something and after removing aux belt noise was still present on cold starts so today job cambelt kit. Car only done 69k so didn't last long, in all honesty when I removed pump couldn't tell there was anything wrong with it but no more noise on cold start after replacing.

You can here this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8E...ew?usp=sharing

So Thats where engine is can't remember having bonnet up in the 18 month i've had it, Will have to have look see if its still there. Must say that looks to be the easiest engine to change timing belt on, I,v done a few and some are just nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
        So Thats where engine is can't remember having bonnet up in the 18 month i've had it, Will have to have look see if its still there. Must say that looks to be the easiest engine to change timing belt on, I,v done a few and some are just nightmare.
        you must have a bloody big windscreen washer bottle
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
          Is very easy on this, dont need any locking tools even, hardest bit was setting the poxy tensioner as you cant see that little arrow very well.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            you must have a bloody big windscreen washer bottle
            I rarely use the windscreen washer and come to think about it I cannot remember ever filling it up (unless its me loosing mi memorythead)

Comment

Working...
            X