Daft question about auto lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daft question about auto lights

So i was waiting for a friend outside his house with the engine running.

Lights are lighting the whole road up and blinding oncoming traffic, so i turn the lights off auto.
    They go to daylight mode, which is the LED side lights on bright mode... also too bright.

I mess about and realise there is no actual way to turn them OFF completely while i wait

or.... is there a way?
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

cant turn mine off either,2015. couldn't on my 62 plate preface,,but could on my 60 plate preface
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

DRLs don't turn off unless you wire them to a button or main beam
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Were you parked on the right hand side of the road??.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

The fact they can’t be switched off is the whole point of DRLs in reality. You’ve either got those or the lights on. Think it’s an EU safety thing that cars since a certain date had to have some form of lights on permanently. Think it probably stems from Sweden doing it for ages hence why Volvos always has lights on for years prior to drls becoming the norm.

Comment

You could've turned the engine off while you were waiting
            Last edited by PeteH; 07-01-2020, 05:42 PM.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
              The fact they can’t be switched off is the whole point of DRLs in reality. You’ve either got those or the lights on. Think it’s an EU safety thing that cars since a certain date had to have some form of lights on permanently. Think it probably stems from Sweden doing it for ages hence why Volvos always has lights on for years prior to drls becoming the norm.
              reg in 2012

Comment

Law started on vehicle manufactured from 2011 must have DRL, DRL also can be used as side lights by car manufacturers and most likely due to some EU countries where you require to have some sort of front lights on 24/7 365 days the likes of vauxhall just have them on all the time, with auto lights ignition on and turn left to side light position they will be dimmer then DRL but no way of turning them off.

Comment

So there are seven reply’s to the OP’s question and he hasn’t come back with a reply.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Well, I suppose it was a daft question and the short answer or long answer are both the same.....NO.

That's eight replies

Comment

turn them onto position one which is between auto and off, the front DRL are half brightness and the rear lamps come on as well - side lights if you will.

edit,... I need to check this with the GS now, but this is how the facelift A worked when I had it, never used the feature myself

Comment

yep... that works the same. three positions - auto / side / manual. Manual turns off the aito feture and full lights permanently on, side has half brightness front drl and rear lights, auto,.. well,.. auto - either on or off depending on light levels.

Comment

The Mokka i'm currently having to drive has stupidly sensitive auto lights!! At the moment they are basically just on all the time as its deeming the light dim enough to need lights.

Comment

Barnoe, did you see my last two posts, explains how you can prevent dazzle and reduce the brightness of your DRL

Comment

I don’t think he has even been back to look at the answers, if he has, he hasn’t posted on any of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X