Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint

Just been cleaning my motor, first time since well before Christmas. When cleaning the rear window, all I could see, (apart from my handsome self looking back at me) was the house window behind me, I could see nothing in the back of the motor, because of the tint and the fact it's a dull old day.
    Its a strong tint and it set me wondering if anyone had been stopped by the police and had the tint checked. Slow day today

Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
    Just been cleaning my motor, first time since well before Christmas. When cleaning the rear window, all I could see, (apart from my handsome self looking back at me) was the house window behind me, I could see nothing in the back of the motor, because of the tint and the fact it's a dull old day.
    Its a strong tint and it set me wondering if anyone had been stopped by the police and had the tint checked. Slow day today

I wouldn't think so as it's factory fitted, so the powers that be at VX at the time would make sure it's legal.
    I think if you have it dark on the front windows, especially aftermarket ones on the boy racers car.....it's a guaranteed stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post

You should be fine man, I've driven beside/in front of and behind the police in mine and you literally can't see in the rear window or back passenger windows at all. My daughter puts stickers all over the inside of her window and you can't tell at all from outside. As long as 70% of light can come through your windscreen and front windows you're fine. You could paint your back windows to match the car and it would be legal
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

As I polished the rear window, I wondered if anyone had been stopped by an ambitious young policeman.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Now you might get stopped if you were polishing your helmet
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Now you might get stopped if you were polishing your helmet
            especially the policeman's helmet

Comment

Yeah only the driver, front passenger and windscreen glass is regulated. The rear passengers and back window can be totally black as long as you have door mirrors.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm not sure factory tint (privacy glass) is limo black. I can see through mine as it's got a bumper in it

Comment

Working...
                X