Opcom South Wales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opcom South Wales?

I’ve had my 2.0cdti for a month now and have covered about 800 miles. Mainly Short journeys.

I’ve been expecting a regen to kick in but hasn’t of yet.

So was just wondering if there’s someone local with opcom to plug into my car, to check the DPF saturation level? I believe it’s possible with Opcom?

Thanks

How do you know it hasn't done a Regen.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
      How do you know it hasn't done a Regen.
      I am assuming it hasn't because no message has appeared on the dash screen (by the clocks) as of yet.... just over 1250miles since owning the car now.

I've taken it for a long drive sitting at 2500rpm to see if it would possibly kick in but nothing as of yet.

Just a little nervous of getting a blocked DPF!!

Comment

You dont actually need Opcom to do that..

There is an app on your phone called DPF Info and with a little bluetooth OBD2 adpater it can give you the reading. Alot cheaper than opcom and works a treat. I am in South Wales so more than happy to help if needed..

I also have an opcom box if anyone wants it. No use to me anymore. I no longer have the software though

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
          You dont actually need Opcom to do that..

There is an app on your phone called DPF Info and with a little bluetooth OBD2 adpater it can give you the reading. Alot cheaper than opcom and works a treat. I am in South Wales so more than happy to help if needed..

I also have an opcom box if anyone wants it. No use to me anymore. I no longer have the software though
          Yeah, I've seen that app but it's for android only, I have an iPhone. I have tried a few apps and even bought one for a tenner, but it's doesn't cover the DPF saturation :/

How old is the opcom you've got mate? I can get the software from the net.

Comment

Ah right yer I'm on android....

Urm I'm not sure if I'm totally honest with you mate... Sorry

Comment

Ah right yer I'm on android....

Urm I'm not sure if I'm totally honest with you mate... Sorry
              Any chance you could see if there are any numbers etc on the unit itself please? Also, how much do you want for it? (lead/s come with it?)

Cheers

Comment

Yer I will have a look tonight mate. If I have not replied by 8 drop me a pm because I will forget haha.

Got the leads. Urm I dunno...

Comment

The car won’t tell you if it is doing a regen as such .
                  If you have top consumers option on your menu you may see heated rear window (hrw) showing as on , but not the light on the hrw switch this is a sign that 5je car is doing a Dpf regen .
                  I have noticed a slight change in engine sound on mine but not sure if that is just me .
                  One other tell tale is you will see smoke coming from rear of car , the first time I saw this I was alarmed and wondered what was going wrong with the car

Comment

Yeah the car can do many short Regen's without you knowing.
                    As above if you have the consumers option on dash it show rear heated screen on when Regen is active
                    I've spotted mine on loads of times with no tale tale signs from engine.

Comment

I was under the impression that it would show this message:

Comment

Yer I will have a look tonight mate. If I have not replied by 8 drop me a pm because I will forget haha.

Got the leads. Urm I dunno...
                        Cheers mate.

Comment

Sorry mate I totally forgot last night! I managed to connect it to my 64 plate if that's any help??

Comment

No, the idea is that it does Regen's as your driving so it doesn't get full.
                            This shouldn't happen often.

Comment

I got an upcoming unit going here guys in south Wales. Free if you come get it! Message me for details

Comment

Working...
                              X