Help with somewhere to fit my exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with somewhere to fit my exhaust system

I'm just bought a second hand centre pipe back dual exit exhaust system. Rung two places near me (Bournemouth custom exhaust companies) and both would charge £75 - £100! I've been told to fit this this is very easy, a cut to the existing exhaust and then to cut the existing trim for the second tailpipe. What do people think this should cost for about 30 mins work? Anyone recommend a company near me?

Or is it easier to find a second hand trim that already has two exits? from a scrappys? If so what models Insignia came with dual exit exhaust trim?

Cheers!

30mins work? Where did you get that from?
    Probably take 30mins to remove the trim, measure up and cut the 2nd gap and sand down the edges
    Easy job but still time consuming

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      Probably take 30mins to remove the trim, measure up and cut the 2nd gap and sand down the edges
      From the chap I bought it from. Realistically I suppose it's an hour's job isn't it to do as you say and cut/fit exhaust etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
        From the chap I bought it from. Realistically I suppose it's an hour's job isn't it to do as you say and cut/fit exhaust etc.

Comment

The chap you bought it from is pulling your pisser mate.
          Ur looking at least a couple of hours work.....at least.

Comment

The lower bumper trim from a petrol turbo model,or the biturbo diesels have the two cutouts already in
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              The chap you bought it from is pulling your pisser mate.
              Ur looking at least a couple of hours work.....at least.
              He told me his guy did it in 15 mins.......thought that was pushing it. I was thinking fitting of £50 was going to be reasonable (for an hours labour) but garages appear to charge more!

I bought this Longlife exhaust for £200 for a centre back pipe and two exits, great condition, but with the labour it's not looking so cheap as they are about £350 new fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                The lower bumper trim from a petrol turbo model,or the biturbo diesels have the two cutouts already in
                Yep but they are about £80 new and I can't seem to find one secondhand online.

Comment

Its easier to make a template from your original cut out.then transfer to other side
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Comment

Yes read this, £200 for that exhaust is very good value. It looks amazing. Bit of a drive from Bournemouth though :-)

Comment

Follow the link from RBH. it's an interesting read, and it'll give you some suggestions, cheaper and easier to cut the other side..

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                          Follow the link from RBH. it's an interesting read, and it'll give you some suggestions, cheaper and easier to cut the other side..
                          I have read previously thanks, it is a good read. However it's still a case of either ( a ) buying a new bumper trim or ( b ) cutting existing trim. Would not rist cutting it myself so requires me to find somewhere to fit exhaust including cutting trim. I can see it's at least an hour's job so will have to pay the going rate....had I of known the cost of that beforehand I may well have bought new. Ah well that's life....:-)

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
                            I have read previously thanks, it is a good read. However it's still a case of either ( a ) buying a new bumper trim or ( b ) cutting existing trim. Would not rist cutting it myself so requires me to find somewhere to fit exhaust including cutting trim. I can see it's at least an hour's job so will have to pay the going rate....had I of known the cost of that beforehand I may well have bought new. Ah well that's life....:-)
                            Mine cost £325, all in. Including splitter trim, s/steel cat back duplex system and oval tips, as you can pick your favourite tip type. They also fitted a new hanger for the D/side outlet. Not a bad price, but that's in Brum..

Comment

Spark Any advice for this member on how you fitted mine on to yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X