Leaving car for a while, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving car for a while, suggestions?

I won't be driving my car for 6 weeks, will be parked up outside. What should I do in terms of trying to keep everything good?

Nothing really it should be fine, mine was last April and I didn’t get to drive again until nearly June

Comment

Stick it in gear and put handbrake off. Might be worth putting one of those dehumidifier boxes in depending how damp your carpet or boot area is. You get them in home bargains etc for a couple of quid
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

What about battery, leave connected or unconnect it and leave it inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
          Stick it in gear and put handbrake off. Might be worth putting one of those dehumidifier boxes in depending how damp your carpet or boot area is. You get them in home bargains etc for a couple of quid
          In gear and handbrake off is what i used to do with my old Focus ST170 as we didnt use it that much. I walked to work as it was only 500yds away and we used the wifes Corsa for most journeys as my Focus wasnt the cheapest to run. Fortunately it was parked on the flat so didnt need the handbrake on really.

Comment

Originally posted by Eoghan153 View Post
            What about battery, leave connected or unconnect it and leave it inside?
            I always disconnect the battery for any length of time, even if we park at the airport carpark before setting off for a 14 day holiday, I always take a spanner and take the battery off, then lock the doors with the key.

Comment

Working...
            X