Android auto on insignia 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android auto on insignia 2016

Hi there, I've just had my Insignia delivered, it's 2016 and from drive vauxhall. The one thing I specifically asked for was android auto, and they confirmed it has it.

Upon delivery of the vehicle I can't find any android auto tabs in the settings, only apple carplay. I've checked the software version and it's 84156714, what I believe has android auto.

So does anyone know how to activate this thing? I've tried connecting my phone, and it doesn't do anything but charge the phone.

Im sure it has to be activated at dealers,with a software update,but could be wrong
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

In the settings where you see car play, androids auto is right next to it. If its not then you need a dealer update. Only cars after June 2016 had both, before was just car play.
      You have 3 options.
      1. Moan like hell at them and insist update done for free.
      2. Pay for the update yourself.
      3. See plasma, send him your hmi module and he can activate it.

Did you ask in writing about Android Auto and did they confirm in writing.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Have you got it in written in the car spec they listed the advert on?, that would be a good way to get them to do it FOC...
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Hi guys, I believe it was written in the advert, but I've also got a video of them saying the vehicle has it.

I just tried calling them but they've all gone home now it seems so I'll try in the morning, but it's very strange, especially from a drive vauxhall garage that has won various awards. I'm hoping they acknowledge the mistake and rectify it with no hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnythebeard View Post
            Hi guys, I believe it was written in the advert, but I've also got a video of them saying the vehicle has it.

I just tried calling them but they've all gone home now it seems so I'll try in the morning, but it's very strange, especially from a drive vauxhall garage that has won various awards. I'm hoping they acknowledge the mistake and rectify it with no hassle.
            We hope so also, some dealers charge around £130 for the upgrade.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnythebeard View Post

the fastest way if you have vxdiag or mdi i will do online....

If you send me vin, I'll check the RPO code

My black Insignia

Comment

Working...
              X