Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Intro

Hello,

Im Alex, Electrical Engineer for United Utilities. Bought my car in January and had quite a few issues since purchasing it.

Had a replacement engine fitted, new shocks, new flywheel and clutch plus in the process of sorting the brakes and tyres out.

Bought a bit of a lemon as i rushed
    into the purchase.

Welcome Alex.
    I share your pain, bought my siggy last year and had the oil pump fail. Had to rebuild the engine and turbo and in the process of doing clutch and flywheel.
    Once your problems are sorted you'll be glad as they are great cars.
    You've come to the right place for any help you may need.
    Car looks good [emoji846]

Comment

Weclome and thank you for your introduction.

Comment

Hi

Hopefully now all the main work is done you will be able to enjoy your car for a good few trouble free years. It is always a risk buying a second hand car. A couple of years ago my son bought a diesel Alfa 157 for £3.5k. After spending probably another £700.00 trying to sort out DPF and other issues he ended up selling it ot a trader for £1300 as he had got fed up and had enough of it.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear of your car issues. Hopefully once the fixes are finished your lemon could turn into a little gem.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
            Hi

Hopefully now all the main work is done you will be able to enjoy your car for a good few trouble free years. It is always a risk buying a second hand car. A couple of years ago my son bought a diesel Alfa 157 for £3.5k. After spending probably another £700.00 trying to sort out DPF and other issues he ended up selling it ot a trader for £1300 as he had got fed up and had enough of it.
            Thanks, ye fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear of your car issues. Hopefully once the fixes are finished your lemon could turn into a little gem.
              Thanks, hopefully everything turns out ok.

Comment

Welcome Alex to the best place for everything Insignia

Comment

Welcome
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

,Welcome
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome fella
                        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Gercha Alexf.
                          Now you can enjoy your purchase
                          I don't really know my fruit that well but that don't look nothing like a lemon .
                          I'm sure a lemon is long and has a bend in it !
                          Or is that a strawberry
                          Or a passion fruit
                          Naaaar I think that's something I saw on another forum for adults !
                          23-45 rubber herring

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            Gercha Alexf.
                            I don't really know my fruit that well but that don't look nothing like a lemon .
                            Or is that a strawberry
                            Or a passion fruit
                            23-45 rubber herring
                            Donkey Kong would know mate

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              Gercha Alexf.
                              Or is that a strawberry
                              Or a passion fruit
                              23-45 rubber herring
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X