GS rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS rear view mirror

I'm sure the rear view mirror in my car doesn't dim like it is supposed to, or at all!
    In my Passat it turned a sort of green colour and was obviously dimming, but the Insignia I seem to get blinded by every car that comes behind me, especially those with LED lights. Slow overtaking cars are the worst.

I was wondering if any other Grand Sport owners could tell me if they notice any change in colour etc before I head to the dealer with it. Or does it not work that well in the first place.

I have looked through the manual to see if there was a possibility it was turned off (there was a button on the Passat mirror to turn it on or off) but as far as I can see it is always on.

Any info appreciated

A little way to test it is turn on your torch on your phone and hold a cloth over the sensor. I made a short video to show it working when another member had an issue.

You should see it dim down like in my vid

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

mine works well to be honest.

Comment

Thanks Marko.

I tried what you did on your video several times but mine doesn't dim at all. So that confirms what I thought.

I went to the dealer this morning and I've to take it in this afternoon for them to look at it and order what they need.

Comment

WAZ1,.. which model is your GS? as it isn't present on all Grandsports - standard on SRI onwards.

Comment

It's says it's a tech line in his profile. I'm pretty sure that should have one.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yes it has it. I also checked the fuse before taking it to dealer and its ok.

Comment

yep, Techline has it, only really the Design that doesn't - VX tend to have a habit of de-speccing cars (particularly the SRI / VXLine ) along their lives, but still present on the Techline in the current brochure.

Comment

I forgot to add...If you've got keyless start. Make sure your engine is running when you test. Mine doesn't work without the engine running.

Comment

I've just done some digging and found the thread by cmor. It turned out to be his aftermarket LED reversing bulbs causing his mirror to not dim.

Have you replaced yours with LEDS, WAZ1 ?

Comment

Yep definitely the reverse LEDs, if you've changed them.

Comment

Yes I have changed them to LEDs! I'll go and change them back now.

Comment

wow,... I have the ones recommended, tried to fit but found the spade so thick I decided not to force it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                            wow,... I have the ones recommended, tried to fit but found the spade so thick I decided not to force it.
                            I had two sets of those, in two different GS's and the mirror dimming failed in both. Put the halogen back in and it worked again.

Comment

Is he testing, now? The suspense is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X