Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure on 18 inch alloys

Hi all.

Had my insignia elite (my14) now for close to a year. I've generally stuck to the eco settings (38 in fronts 36 in rears) listed on my door.

Is there really much mpg gained compared to running them on 32psi?

I think 32 is a bit low i run mine at 35 all round

Comment

Mine are. Currently 32 front, 34 rear. Just increased fronts by 2 feels better but same mpg. Gonna try 34,34 after Xmas see how that goes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

On my tourer its 39 front and 42 rear on eco and yes you feel every bump

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          On my tourer its 39 front and 42 rear on eco and yes you feel every bump
          I agree the ride is much better with lower pressures just make sure to tell the ecu which pressure range you are running as for M.P.G I find it might be 1/2mpg better at high pressure but not enough saving to be meaningful unless you do mega miles each year in which case your probably getting fuel paid for anyway.

Comment

I found when running mine at the lower pressures the outside of the front tyres (32psi -Uniroyal Rainsport) shown more wear at their outer sides indicating under inflation.
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by daveg View Post
              I found when running mine at the lower pressures the outside of the front tyres (32psi -Uniroyal Rainsport) shown more wear at their outer sides indicating under inflation.
              Dave
              Thats one of the things I don't understand, for the last 44 years (while holding driving licance) the guide is over inflate wear in middle, under inflate wear on edge now all of a sudden there is such a wide range on pressures its all gone out window, also it was offence to have incorrect pressures but "whats correct/incorrect" these days.

Comment

Working...
              X