Remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    what is the P4 issue bud, searches draw a blank for me..? I could have had it tuned elsewhere but figured Thorney from the dealers was a safe tune so am not expecting issues as their work is covered under warranty.. TBH i am not even sure what the SIDI means so if you could shed any light on that it may prove useful, i thought it related to stop/start which she does not use anyway.. On the whole it responds well enough to the tune which it needed for being a big car, it was not all that underpowered anyway which surprised me for a 1.6t petrol and besides she only does short journeys which would killl a tractor engine.. I hope to leave it as it is engine wise now with no intentions of modifying it into a monster like my old Z20NET..
    The P4 is the piston 4 melting issue which happens on the Corsa D vxr engines, meriva vxr engine, other vehicles that uses the same 1.6T variant, like mine it's basically the same Corsa vxr lump but different turbo and mapping.
    I have mapped mine to about 195bhp (180bhp standard), which originally I wanted 205bhp but the remapper was having issues mapping my car, so he just mapped it to the best he can. Everytime he increases boost the boost drops back down, not sure if the actuator needs adjusting, I still not too happy about it but hey ho. It does drive better, but not a rocket, low down bit sluggish, then after 3000rpm it picks up alot better, it's not exactly a free revving engine I find on mine. It is my first turbo petrol midsize engine.

Here is a video explaining sidi technology. Hope you understand it better than I do

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      The P4 is the piston 4 melting issue
      Nothing to worry about then

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
        Nothing to worry about then
        Absolutely not. Lol.

Is one of those common issues on the Corsa d vxr you have to lookout for when buying. This even happens on standard vxr not just the remapped ones.

Comment

I would say if you wanna keep your warranty if its still under warranty and you take to dealers don't otherwise its personal choice, I will post up an official tsb from one of the dealers who check for this, and I don't mean just anomalies the software can tell.

Comment

I agree if your car is still under warranty don't bother remapping it unless it is a manufacturer authorised remapping. When it is out of warranty it is rightfully yours you can do whatever you want it that's still legal.

Comment

this is worth reading, i would imagine every dealer will be doing the same.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attach...26-png.130867/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attach...25-png.130868/
              Attached Files

Comment

Plus, any workshop would be able to tell if you've had a remap just by looking at the fuel rail pressures
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

why not just leave it to the car owner to make their own decisions on whether they wish to get their car remapped or modified and where, if they choose to declare it that is also their own business......

Comment

We like to give the best possible advice on here. It is the owners decision whether they take the advice.

Comment

At the end of the day yeah it is my decision if I want to get it mapped but like sriray says this group is giving advice and they would give you advice if you needed we all enthusiast and want to make the best decisions we can with the advice from others

Comment

Astra VXR's which presented with engine and/or gearbox issues were commonly known to be sent for inspection to indentify whether the cause was down to non-approved modifications.

I would agree it is essential to get a proper remap. I had remaps on my 2 previous Vectra 'C's, a 2.0T petrol which was mapped to 220 bhp/230 lbs torque, and a 1.9 diesel mapped to 195bhp/340 lbs torque, with no issues on either one.
                        I opted for generic remaps from BSR for both, not cheap, but well worth the outlay.

A sign of the times is that my Grand Sport 1.5T with 163bhp/184 lbs torque, is not far short of my old Vectra 2.0T with 173bhp/195 lbs torque in standard tune.

Comment

Is it right that the 130 and 160 are exactly the same engine just different Map? Amd if thats the case, can you remap the 130 up to the same as the gains on the 160?? Like 190ish??

Comment

Originally posted by Bloopeta View Post
                            Is it right that the 130 and 160 are exactly the same engine just different Map? Amd if thats the case, can you remap the 130 up to the same as the gains on the 160?? Like 190ish??
                            yes,but the 130 has the **** gearbox
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              yes,but the 130 has the **** gearbox
                              Aren't they different turbo.

Comment

So what gearbox is in the 160

Comment

Working...
                                X