18i VVT 16v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18i VVT 16v

I unfortunately have to retire my old Vectra workhorse in a couple of weeks and am looking to buy an insignia.

I have found a suitable one (I hope) that has had its cambelt and pulleys done but the seller insists that the water pump is on a separate system to the cambelt and doesn't need to be changed.

Is this correct.

Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 i VVT 16v Exclusiv 5dr

Many thanks

Originally posted by Cbag View Post
    I unfortunately have to retire my old Vectra workhorse in a couple of weeks and am looking to buy an insignia.

I have found a suitable one (I hope) that has had its cambelt and pulleys done but the seller insists that the water pump is on a separate system to the cambelt and doesn't need to be changed.

Is this correct.

Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 i VVT 16v Exclusiv 5dr

Many thanks
    He is correct, it runs off the Vbelt but saying it doesn't need changing is not entirely correct though. Please first read here https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-(please-read) and then introduce yourself and your car here https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions as posting in this section first thing might cause your posts to disappear without being seen and seem like you're being ignored

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
      He is correct, it runs off the Vbelt but saying it doesn't need changing is not entirely correct though. Please first read here https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-(please-read) and then introduce yourself and your car here https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions as posting in this section first thing might cause your posts to disappear without being seen and seem like you're being ignored
      That's the same set up as clio.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        Thank you, corrected with an introduction

Comment

Thank you, corrected with an introduction
          Water pump is on the aux belt as posted above, not that big a job to do if needed, hope you find what you're looking for and remember we love pic's on here

Comment

As said not a bad job to do anyway.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new thread but here goes.

Bought the car and picking up tomorrow.

It has CD 400 in instead of the CD 300 which was advertised which I presume is an improvement.

The quick question I would like to ask is where the hell is the Aux in as I couldn't find it anywhere and I did look in the arm rest but only saw a 12v socket?

Comment

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new thread but here goes.

Bought the car and picking up tomorrow.

It has CD 400 in instead of the CD 300 which was advertised which I presume is an improvement.

The quick question I would like to ask is where the hell is the Aux in as I couldn't find it anywhere and I did look in the arm rest but only saw a 12v socket?
                What year is it (i.e. is it pre or post facelift)? You should be able to find the info from the manual, take a look at the links here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/84-Owners-Manual
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

2010, not picking up until tomorrow but I'll have a look at the link you provided, thanks.

Comment

Its in the rear of the armrest,,lift the top up,and its in the cubbyhole at the back
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Good Luck over taking in a 1.8

Comment

I used to have an 09.........didnt think it had one as I couldn't find it, even with manual.....

4 months of owning the car, I *drunkenly* found it.... And I wasn't driving I was looking for my sunglasses whilst drunk [emoji23]

It was in arm rest compartment but you hand to kinda pull it out as it was in a little plastic block tucked away

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          Good Luck over taking in a 1.8
                          Well to be honest it accelerates differently to my Vectra, 1st isn't as good as the Vectra but 2nd, 3rd and 4th certainly pick up quickly and certainly good enough for a safe over take.

I'm 49 and not a boy racer anymore so I'm happy with it.

Got a code 18 on the way home which I quickly googled and seems to a blown left low beam bulb but I'm am getting some sort of deep thrumming from the rear end so I'm going to ask my mechanic about it.

Its utter spotless though which is amazing.

Still cant find this aux connector though, manual mentions a location but I cant find the location to start with Lol. If you press the aux button it says nothings connected to the aux input but I suppose it would still say that even if it didn't have the port.

Comment

Although it's got the aux button, it doesn't necessarily mean aux is fitted.
                            There's a few out there that's got phone buttons on the steering wheel, but there's no Bluetooth fitted.

It's a typical vauxhall trait.

Comment

And as for the Vectra 1.8.....mines was more than ample at picking away and holding its own.
                              More than done the job for me and tbh....I miss that car a helluva lot

Comment

Working...
                              X