Xenon headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon headlights

I have had my 2015 elite for about 3 months now and often drive on quiet country roads home at night.

I have not I keep getting on coming cars flashing me as though I have my full beam on.

I don't, I am just using the dipped main beam as I know the roads well.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I have tried to see if there's a headlight adjustment to lower the beam as there was on my last car but can't see anything of that kind.

Auto level system,works on suspension.Depending on speed the high beam assist will kick in,maybe a bit slow dipping,you have an Elite.i'm assuming they have auto lights and operate like the pre-face lift,check the camera lens behind mirror is clean.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

You can still adjust the height manuall, on top of the headlight you will find an adjuster where you can put an Allen key in.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
        You can still adjust the height manuall, on top of the headlight you will find an adjuster where you can put an Allen key in.
        Forgot about them!
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks.

Yes the lights are auto.

I don't think the main beam is coming on auto as I sometimes flash the main beam back to show I am using dipped.

I wondered if it was just people incorrectly thinking it was the main beam because of the bright white lights from the xenons.

Comment

Quite possible.Might be worth having the headlight alignment checked with the dark night drawing in.

Comment

It was mot'd just before I picked it up as it was from a main dealer, so I'd have thought that would have been checked already.

If I adjust them manually I presume that might put them out of the correct alignment for future mot?

I was wondering if others with xenon's has ever experienced the same?

Comment

Mine are Xenon AFL,up to now nobody has 'flashed' me,maybe just the brightness as some 'other' drivers are not sure weather you're on main or dip.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker View Post
                  Thanks.

Yes the lights are auto.

I don't think the main beam is coming on auto as I sometimes flash the main beam back to show I am using dipped.

I wondered if it was just people incorrectly thinking it was the main beam because of the bright white lights from the xenons.
                  Positively do not like the auto main beam, on my '12 or wife's '14 facelift. It cant see the car coming round the bend or over the hill on the type of roads I use most. Anyway, yes I'd say its a combination of the xenons and the sharp 'cut off' on them. The outer hex screw adjusts the vertical alignment, but you'd be better off getting it done at a garage to make sure its done properly. Id say its ok as is, just xenons.

Comment

I had the same when I first got mine. That’s how I found out how to lower the beam slightly.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Strange I've never had a issue with my AFL's. There hardly range rover level of blindness.

Is high beam assist on? Or do you have to manually enable that each time your in. Maybe potentially just the dips of the road. Do you get flashed on motorways?

Comment

OK thanks. I will have a look and see if I can drop them a little.

Otherwise I will have to keep flashing them back!

Comment

I would just keep flashing them back,, wouldn't like to mess with the heights personally,, I've been flashed a couple of times too,, then they get blinded properly
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I am still getting used to the car so I don't know if I have high beam assist.

Certainly when I have been flashed the main beam is not on as I have flashed back with it and you can see the change in headlight direction.

Comment

I used to have AFL and the only time I had an issue was if I had automatic full beam enabled and it was slow to react to oncoming traffic be it a bend, hill etc so it didn’t spot them. I just turned that off in the end although that’s easier said than done!! Number of times I turned it on by mistake going to full beam but having to turn it off again quickly then couldn’t remember how to turn it off. My new GS has a simple on/off button on the stalk which is far easier although I’ve not used them on the new car as yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X