No announcement yet.

I finally bought a van to replace the siggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you getting a bed in it and Shag wagon vinals for the sides?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      When you getting a bed in it and Shag wagon vinals for the sides?
      Naughty Mark you just jealous

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Naughty Mark you just jealous
        I'm getting to old to be jealous.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

The bed will be in soon enough hahah

Comment

A big lack of updates lately due to my shoulder operation which I am still trying to recover from! 4 metal pins and two weeks later I can now start moving my hand and wrist with no pain so it can only get better!!

This may come as a surprise and as if I have massively wasted time and money but the van is currently up for sale Its a shame because I seriously love the van. I love driving it and love how it looks but things have changed for me which means I cannot keep it I am devastated but at the same time it is like a fresh start to a new car I suppose.. I think I know what I want anyway just depends how much I have to spend when I know how much the van sells for.. I am gutted though

If anyone is interested in the van let me know and I will let you know the details! You never know someone might know someone

Comment

I'm shocked on a few counts here.....I didn't know you had a shoulder injury?.....I take it due to a down hill biking accident? Shocked that the van is going. I really thought you'd found your perfect mode of transport there. All that work you've put in too. Are you going to give us a bigger shock?.......dare I say it.....looking at another Insignia? *Runs for cover*

Comment

aha yer. So basically I broken my collarbone (common bike injury!) around 10 years ago. Then 3 years ago my shoulder socket split and my rotator cuff collapsed so my arm would constantly dislocate from my shoulder. Even little things like closing the car door could cause it to go. Then I could ride the bike for a week and be fine. It was so strange but after an MRI I was rushed for an operation due to the damage in my shoulder. All sorted now though so hopefully within a few months I will be back to normal. Recovery sucks but will be worth it I hope!

Its so annoying that I have had to put it up for sale like you said I have done loads of work with it but hopefully someone buys it and enjoys it

Well... I am not having a new Insignia but the mrs loves the new shape and told me to look at one. I do like how they look but got no confidence in Vauxhall at all.

I am actually thinking a Golf GTD or Leon FR. What ever I get will be an automatic believe it or not. I am so fed up of changing gear haha

Comment

Sounds like you've been suffering for a while. Hope recovery goes well.

Yeah the new Insignia does so far seem less troublesome than it's predecessor but it hasn't really been around long enough to prove itself yet. I wouldn't have any confidence in vx either if I'd been treated like you. I know they sorted a lot of your issues but it was a constant battle. Good luck with whichever car you go for next.....as always, piccys on the forum and updates as and when you do them!

Comment

Sorry to hear that bud. That sounds really painful. Shame your van is going, it was serving you well.
                    I agree automatic is the best route to go now. There is no enjoyment in driving now so much traffic and road rage. You just need a comfy automatic car that you can just press the accelerator and go.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Sounds like you've been suffering for a while. Hope recovery goes well.

Yeah the new Insignia does so far seem less troublesome than it's predecessor but it hasn't really been around long enough to prove itself yet. I wouldn't have any confidence in vx either if I'd been treated like you. I know they sorted a lot of your issues but it was a constant battle. Good luck with whichever car you go for next.....as always, piccys on the forum and updates as and when you do them!

Thanks Marko appreciate it. I will take my time shopping around anyway so may end up with something totally different knowing me!! Yer I am sure its probably a better car than the old one but not for me I dont think.. All though it does look good haha!

There will be pics no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Sorry to hear that bud. That sounds really painful. Shame your van is going, it was serving you well.
                        I agree automatic is the best route to go now. There is no enjoyment in driving now so much traffic and road rage. You just need a comfy automatic car that you can just press the accelerator and go.

Thanks bud! It was really painful at first but not too bad now. Just got alot of physio to keep up now... I know aye. If and when it sells i am going to be so sad seeing it go haha. 100% I spend more time in traffic than anywhere else now Nice auto with paddles just in case you want to have a little play with the gears haha

Comment

Well the van drove off down to Cornwall today with its new owner at the wheel.. Quite sad to see it go tbh Hey oh!

Car free now for a couple of weeks whilst I heal from my shoulder operation then start looking again

Comment

So what's next on the horizon for you, any thoughts?

Comment

More than likely a Golf GTD but not 100% set on that yet.. Will see what happens in a few week

Just dont know how this war on diesel is going to turn out
                              Last edited by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY; 12-05-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Know what you mean, it's all a bit of a headache really.

My wife is due to change her car just now, and we've decided to just go ahead with another diesel this time around. Were away looking today and put a deposit down.

Could be a poor choice, who knows.......

Comment

Working...
                                X