This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    I have this LED kit https://www.autostyling.com/lighting...headlight-kit/ in my dipped beam. Tried a few but they all caused glare due to the position of the chips but this kit has the chips just in the right place. They do cause a bulb out error message though so you need these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Led-Li..._GT6Q7fnj03Hxg canbus boxes but all easily fit inside the headlight housing.

I have these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighteye-....c101006.m3226 in my main beam. They light unlit country roads really well and because the main beam lights aren't canbus, they don't give an error message. I previously tried them in dipped but they cause to much glare. Great in main beam though and pretty cheap.

I have the same rear indicator LEDs as cmor and they work great. No need for resistors or anything.
    @Defie has changed most of his bulbs to LEDs including the 3 I've mentioned in mine. He should be able to help.
    how did the indicator bulbs fit? the fitting should be a ten to two positions for the lugs, wheres these LEDs have them at quarter to three?....

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
      how did the indicator bulbs fit? the fitting should be a ten to two positions for the lugs, wheres these LEDs have them at quarter to three?....
      They are the only bulbs that work at the moment Chewy, they are not the correct fit but the stay in the socket fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
        They are the only bulbs that work at the moment Chewy, they are not the correct fit but the stay in the socket fine.
        The plastic holder gives a little to enable them to fit.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

marko301 and cmor, thanks, will retry this weekend then thanks,.... and .... is main beam a bumper off job? I really enjoyed the facelift lights and all that access space, but some turnip has design to struts right over the access holes on the Grandsport - I'll keep my eyes peeled for you round Hill marko301,.. I've a silver VXLine on 20s

Comment

marko301 and cmor, thanks, will retry this weekend then thanks,.... and .... is main beam a bumper off job? I really enjoyed the facelift lights and all that access space, but some turnip has design to struts right over the access holes on the Grandsport - I'll keep my eyes peeled for you round Hill marko301,.. I've a silver VXLine on 20s
            It's really easy to access the main beam even with the strut over the top. Far easier than the facelift. I thought that when I first looked though.

Ah so you've made the move over? I though you didn't like the body kit on the GS?

I never saw you in the last iInsignia so don't suppose I will in your new one. Get yourself to RV on April the 14th. Can't miss each other then.

How you finding the new one so far? I love it!
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              It's really easy to access the main beam even with the strut over the top. Far easier than the facelift. I thought that when I first looked though.

Ah so you've made the move over? I though you didn't like the body kit on the GS?

I never saw you in the last iInsignia so don't suppose I will in your new one. Get yourself to RV on April the 14th. Can't miss each other then.

How you finding the new one so far? I love it!
              I have to say, the previous VXLine is a far better job, the body kit was better and a nicer fit. I think the GS is a much improved car though, the quality is much much better, but am finding the steering a little light for me. Am hoping with it being electronically weighted, that I can have it reprogrammed to add some weight - Can be done a Passat so Insignia should hopefully be able to. I think once I've sorted out some niggles I have with the car, then I will love it but just at the minute, I'm not quite feeling it. It was a great deal, 10 months old, 11k miles for £15,999 - but the wheels have been refurbed by Stevie Wonder and there are some cheap budget tyres on it which causes lateral lift when accellerating - I had this with the facelift when I bought that, cheap tyres do not work well on these cars so new wheels and tyres tomorrow, then a full check over by VX is in order to sort a few problems I have with it.... hopefully then I'll be happy!

Comment

Have you tested the steering at different speeds? It gets heavier the faster you go. Solid at speed and light when tootling and parking.

Comment

marko301 see what it's like when my new wheels and tyres go on tomorrow. They're all out of balance and am sure the tracking alignment is adrift. Seems a tad vague compared to the facelift

Comment

Thinking about getting these for my hi beams. Because they're low price and if stated lumens are true they'll still be much brighter than halogens. Plus I'm happy with other bulbs I've ordered from the same seller, so I hope these would be as good.

Comment

anyones headlight bulbs fit snug and firm after replacing?... I popped my LEDs in,.. wasn't happy as they moved, popped the halogens back in and they too seem a bit loose now, Am I missing something? The securing method is fekkin rubbish, twist lock was by far the best system.

these are what I fitted https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

anyones headlight bulbs fit snug and firm after replacing?... I popped my LEDs in,.. wasn't happy as they moved, popped the halogens back in and they too seem a bit loose now, Am I missing something? The securing method is fekkin rubbish, twist lock was by far the best system.

these are what I fitted https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                        Using the same LED bulbs, but haven't noticed any movement. But... one halogen bulb was quite hard to take out. Looks like it was sitting too tight.

Comment

Trying to work out the 'front fog LED post listing 3 different types of bulb?? H8, H9 and H11
                          Front fog lights = halogen (bulb type H8/H9/H11)
                          LED bulb: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Nighte...e/152848223527
                          LED bulb: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079N5Q6...=yo_pop_ma_swf

marko301 - which have you fitted?

Comment

Trying to work out the 'front fog LED post listing 3 different types of bulb?? H8, H9 and H11

I have these and they work like charm. Updated the link to the first post also.
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072QD7J7S

H8/H9/H11 all have the same fitting or at least very close and compatible, only the power rating may change if I understood correctly. Using a power rating similar to the original halogen (35W) won't cause any temperature issues with the housing, but of course everything must be done on your own risk.

Comment

None in the fogs. I've kept the standard bulbs because white light doesn't cut into the fog as well as the yellowish halogens.

Comment

So... finally ordered these for my hi beams. Will post review then I'll get those.

Comment

Working...
                                X