Why don't you vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you vote?

We like to think we have a bit of a community going on here......Decent members with good advice, fun banter and striking up nice friendships. All of us brought together because of our love of the Insignia.

Certain parts of the forum hold different interests to each of us. Some members visit occasionally and others love to get their daily fix.

Why am I going on about all this? We run the monthly competition called Photo Of The Month (POTM) where members can enter their modded and standard cars for a chance of winning bragging rights (and a keyring) for that month if their car gets the most votes. The problem is votes are coming from a couple of handfuls of members including members who have entered. An example it this month we have 6 entries and so far only 14 votes. That means we've had only an extra 8 members who have taken the time to vote.

So as the title asks.......Why are you not voting? Members find time to post up issues and use the forum to benefit themselves so what is stopping you from voting? I realise if you view the forum via mobile view or Tapatalk you don't see the option to vote but there is a proxy vote in place to cover that where you can either post in the voting thread who you want to vote for of you can drop me a pm if you would rather vote anonymously (This option has been in place a couple of years now and not one member has used it).

Sorry to moan but it puts me on a bit of a downer when we get over a couple of hundred members visiting the forum a day and over the past 4 days only 8 have bothered to vote.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

I use my Tapatalk and don’t know how to vote, I have looked but can’t figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      I use my Tapatalk and don’t know how to vote, I have looked but can’t figure it out
      Hi, yeah as I mentioned above. I'm afraid mobile view and Tapatalk don't show the option for voting but there is proxy voting in place where you can post in the voting thread who you want to vote for or if you'd rather vote anonymously, send me a pm and I'll add your vote.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        Top right corner on Tapatalk there is 3 dots. Press that and then it comes up with some options. One is web view. Press that and type in your username and password and then you can vote. You can then go back to viewing the forum via Tapatalk.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
          Top right corner on Tapatalk there is 3 dots. Press that and then it comes up with some options. One is web view. Press that and type in your username and password and then you can vote. You can then go back to viewing the forum via Tapatalk.
          Yep exactly what pondy has said, that's what i do.

Comment

So here you are on tapatalk.

There 3 small dots stacked vertically on the right click on that will bring you menu below. and selcet web view

You now have the mobile web view of our forum, i'm using chrome, if you click on the 3 vertical dots

It will bring the menu below and you need to click on desktop site, this will bring on the full ID Site.

Now login to our site with your username and password.

Hope this makes it easier.
            Last edited by sriray; 26-03-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

That's good to know...that example is the entries thread though....this is the voting thread https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...TM-voting-open

Comment

Well said Mark.
                I totally agree with everything you said on this thread.

There's a helluva lot of people joining the forum......just to post up that they have a problem and to see if anyone on the forum can give them a remedy.

There's not even a "Hi, I'm........" In the newbies/introduction section....it's a straight " so, I've 2009 diesel and the....." Type of post.
                I personally call it hitting and running.
                They get an answer and you never see them again until their next problem arises.

Now, if this is the type of member that's joining up, how the hell are they gonna take time and vote?

It's like every other forum, it's core members who are doing all the work on here....which is a real Shame coz it's a superb bunch of guys on here and the craic is spot on.

I use my phone the majority of the time for the site but only use Tapatalk for uploading pictures.
                Good luck in what your doing, but I personally think your wasting your hitting your head off a brick wall.
                As I stated before....you only get out the site what you put in.
                Sorry for the post, if its wrong them please feel free to delete it.

Comment

No it's a valid post.....We do have lots of as you say, hit and run posters. That's how I originally found IE but the warm welcome caused me to stick around and in time invited to become a then, moderator.

What I'm noticing is we have a large following of regular members who are not voting either. It's those I'm interested to know why they don't join in. As I said...nobody has used the proxy voting so the can't vote excuse doesn't stand.

I know last time I asked this question one of the answers was they miss the post but it's a post like any other and they seem to get the views ok.

Comment

I can't see how they can miss it......it's the first thing that shows when you click the site on.

Just an idea....what about a pop up window that keeps popping up and doesn't disappear until they vote.

Is this an option?

Comment

I don't want to force members to vote or even irritate them into voting. It goes against how we run the forum. I can stick a pop up message on that disappears as soon as you hit the X to remind members there's a new vote. I'll give that a go.....thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Tried to do it threw Tapatalk on web view but can't get it to work problem with my laptop my vote goes to exclusive if the powers can add for me thanks

Comment

Originally posted by big b View Post
                          Tried to do it threw Tapatalk on web view but can't get it to work problem with my laptop my vote goes to exclusive if the powers can add for me thanks
                          Done, thanks!

Comment

Thanks marko

Comment

Originally posted by big b View Post
                              Webview and then desktop view on web browser(Chrome etc) and log in to forum on desktop view

Comment

Working...
                              X