Android auto on Navi 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android auto on Navi 900

I'm looking to buy a newer Insignia, and because I use it alot, it must have android auto on the system.

The problem I'm finding is what models are compatable, and the ones that have it as standard. I'm told ANY 2016 model can have it updated onto the Navi 900, but I simply can't find many cars with 2016 reg that actually have it in the description.

Vauxhall themselves seem clueless to what I'm talking about, the various vauxhall garages I've called seem to have never heard or if atall.

Is it hidden in all 2016 model vehicles in the settings? Another problem I'm finding is that without driving 100miles to check each vehicle I'm unable to find out if its hidden in the options, so can anyone guide me on how I can make sure I get a car with android auto and what I'm needing to ask the garages.

Im on the edge of just getting a 2014/2015 model as its looking impossible to find one with android auto compatability(2016 is a must atm because its compatable with android)

Thanks for any help anyone's able to give me!

Comment

Best thing is to get the newest version possible. I believe it is standard from 2016 onwards.

Comment

June 2016 onwards, chances are before that it will have projection icon but car play only.

If it's got AA you can turn it on and off in settings. Like I have car play turned off on my car.

I understand if it's after June 2016 and doesn't have it, it can be added by the update, but getting your dealer to accept this is hard work.

Also some cars before June 2016 also accept the update. But have to be 2016.

The other way is to actually choose the car you want and update parts in your car to allow AA, not cheap but can be done.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Welcome, Jonny, to the friendliest forum on t'interweb. As you have already found out, we're a helpful lot, and once you get your Insignia we'll be only too happy to help you spend your money on mods.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm still completely lost because not all post June 2016 ones seem to have it.

I've heard and read so much about it and it's maddening. The car I'm looking to buy was registered may 2016, the android and vauxhall websites say ANY car that's registered 2016 is comparable and is standard post August 2016. The only real technical info I have is a 2.5Hmi post makes it possible(projection tab on the menu).

I don't think I've ever seen a company so desperate to put off people being ripped off. I've read it's £100+ for the update but it's worth it for using Google maps alone, but vauxhall seem to be extremely unwilling and unaware of how desperate I am to be ripped off with a software update!

Can anyone enlighten me to the projection button and what it does? I currently have a 2012 elite Nav so I'm not aware of what projection actually does.

Comment

Projection icon just means headunit can work with car play or car play and AA.

I don't know if mine had it, but before I took delivery kkt went into main dealers for an ad blue update and the car also received a full system update, so may well have been then when it got AA.

Simples really. Pick your car, before viewing ring up and say as part of the deal do the update.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You'd think it was simple but apparently not. Firstly I'm not going to buy form a vauxhall dealer, and they're the only ones who can do it.

And as mentioned, when asking the vauxhall dealerships, they seem utterly clueless. The ownership knowledge about this update is shockingly low as nobody seems to have ever requested an update, it's just bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnythebeard View Post
                  You'd think it was simple but apparently not. Firstly I'm not going to buy form a vauxhall dealer, and they're the only ones who can do it.

And as mentioned, when asking the vauxhall dealerships, they seem utterly clueless. The ownership knowledge about this update is shockingly low as nobody seems to have ever requested an update, it's just bizarre.
                  Mine wasn't from a dealer, had to go for the update to adblue.

Most car sales places have dealing with the local vauxhall dealer, they have to do can get certain stuff out right.

Unless your buying private, then I'd assume the current owner would already know.

If you a small car dealer, ask them to plug a phone in or go into settings and see if the option to switch AA off is there. If its not there the unit as it stands does not support AA

Comment

Thing you have to consider is plenty of car sellers advertise older Insignias as having bluetooth because it has a button on the steering wheel when they actually dont.... getting some of them to get their heads around whether a car has CarPlay\AA or not is probably a step beyond them!!

You may find the only way to be certain is to ask them to show its got it or test it yourself.

Comment

MattG Matt can you take a screenshot of yours showing the android auto option and also how to get there.

The op can then advise the car seller on phone how to check or maybe the car seller can send the op the photo of the settings option.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        MattG Matt can you take a screenshot of yours showing the android auto option and also how to get there.

The op can then advise the car seller on phone how to check or maybe the car seller can send the op the photo of the settings option.
                        Yup at work right now but will get it done today. Was thinking of doing it anyway [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnythebeard View Post

Download AA on your phone. When you go to view any car bring your USB charging wire with you and plug it in.

When the car is turned on the projection icon will change to the AA icon if it's on there.

Mine is a 65 plate but I will need the update for AA. (Well if I wasn't fitting a CT6 screen)

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                            Download AA on your phone. When you go to view any car bring your USB charging wire with you and plug it in.

When the car is turned on the projection icon will change to the AA icon if it's on there.

Mine is a 65 plate but I will need the update for AA. (Well if I wasn't fitting a CT6 screen)
                            Unless the previous owner had an I phone and turned AA off [emoji1787]

Comment

Settings > Android Auto > Android Auto - Off / Android Auto - On

Hope that helps
                              Last edited by sriray; 14-02-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X