HID Xenon Kit Installation - Facelift Insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L18ESK View Post
    Ok guys i thought id do a recent how to guide for any newbies or people who may have installed these kits before in other cars eat but every car make id different in most cases , this guide is my own interpretation / take on the install ,this guide was correct for me and i take no responsibility for your own installation.

CAR - 2016 Insignia

HID KIT - london colour http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

KIT SPEC - 35w error free ballasts , 9012 6000k bulbs

TIME - under 1 hrs (depends on your ability) can be installed in around 20 mins tho.

TOOLS REQUIRED - none needed

DIFFICULTY - 3/10

OK so ill keep it as simple and straight forward as i can, we are going to install the HID kit and locate all the ballast and wiring inside the the headlight housing so it looks OEM and factory.

STEP 1 - remove the headlight cover from rear of housing .

on the drivers side its fairly easy to do this its just a 1/4 twist and its off

on the passenger side its a little more tight

you do need to remove the screen washer filler tube its just a straight pull upwards to remove this

now it twists off

STEP 2 - remove the stock halogen bulbs

STEP 3 - unplug the bulbs multi plug

STEP 4 - layout your new HID kit note you don't need the red and black wires i removed these to make it easier to squeeze it all into housing later

STEP 5 - this is optional i taped up the blue wires which are extra grounds ( i may go back and ground these at a later date

STEP 6 - install the HID bulb in same manor you removed the stock halogen - just pop in and a 1/4 turn to secure it

STEP 7 - connect up the connectors ( they only fit one way so can't go wrong) .

multi plug that plugged into stock bulb plugs into the ballast the the 2 wires and plugs from HID bulb connects to the corresponding ones from ballast ... easy yeah

STEP 8 - Test to make sure all is working sweet

and a comparison HID xenon v Halogen

STEP 9 - fitting it all into the housing ( hardest part ) try not to lose the head with it . it does fit

STEP 10 - replace headlight cover by 1/4 twist and job done

a few pics of the installed and video of follow me home headlights when opening / locking car

Anyways guys i real hope you find this helpful , please comment or if you want to add anything in that I've missed or questions just fire away

thanks

G

ANY UPDATED LINKS TO A HID KIT? THANKS A MILL, Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Joker 4885 View Post
      Check the pins inside the plugs are in the right place; the set I bought needed adjusting with a pair of needle-nose pliers to ensure they married up and connected neatly when the plugs were pushed together.
      Can you link me to a kit? Thanks!

Comment

Are these still the best (quality and size) to get? Seem very expensive compared to others around £30 on Ebay....

CANBUS ERROR FREE 9012 HIR2 HID KIT. VAUXHALL INSIGNIA FACELIFT 2012 62 REG+. Super CANBUS Ballast XENON HID 35W Kit. The CANBUS 12V 35W AC HID Ballast, Super CANBUS Ballast 100% Car Pass. the kit is canbus error free kit and does not affect digital radio.

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
          Are these still the best (quality and size) to get? Seem very expensive compared to others around £30 on Ebay....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...-/331650630720
          Totally agreed.
          Mines we're £28 and work perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Totally agreed.
            Mines we're £28 and work perfectly
            The ones in the link are £79, do you have a link for the ones you bought for £28? The ones from London Colour seem to be the ones recommended earlier in this thread. Cheers.

Comment

The ones in the link are £79, do you have a link for the ones you bought for £28? The ones from London Colour seem to be the ones recommended earlier in this thread. Cheers.
              They've came down £3

Although it's a Chinese seller, they hold stock in the UK and delivery is quick.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                They've came down £3

Although it's a Chinese seller, they hold stock in the UK and delivery is quick.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9006-9012...k8Lg#vi-ilComp
                Easy to install? Does everything fit inside the headlight?

Comment

Easy to install? Does everything fit inside the headlight?
                  Very easy to install.
                  Some say they can fit everything inside but I never did on mine

Comment

I bought the Londoncolour ones over a year ago when they had a sale on, think i got them for like £50. Had them in for about 18 months with zero problems, but removed them for MOT and not fitted them again.

if you have a facelift, you can just get all the gubbins inside the headlight.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Received a kit today.

Is this the correct way to wire for each side to connect to the car loom?

Basically I've taken one half of the kit and put together the plugs that seem to fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	242495

Comment

Received a kit today.

Basically I've taken one half of the kit and put together the plugs that seem to fit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89[/ATTACH]
                        looks correct to me
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Received a kit today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89[/ATTACH]
                          Yeah that's correct but if I were you I'd throw the extension away. It's only fitted in case you need to fit the ballasts etc... a distance away from the light. As everything goes inside the headlight housing on the facelift, it helps to get rid.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            Yeah that's correct but if I were you I'd throw the extension away. It's only fitted in case you need to fit the ballasts etc... a distance away from the light. As everything goes inside the headlight housing on the facelift, it helps to get rid.

Brilliant diagram, thanks!

Yes planned on removing the additional cabling once I could see it working. I plugged it all in as shown on one side and the bulb didn't light, hmmmm. And I did changed from auto to dipped or whatever it's called. The other side lit (original bulb) but not the side I changed.

It arrived with the two sets of bulb wires connected together by one wire, I thought that can't be right as there isn't enough cable to cover the distance needed between the two bulbs. Hence I decided the two sides must be separate and it could only connect one way.

And of course I removed the plastic/foam before trying :-)

Any ideas?

Comment

It should have lit if the other side did. Could be a dodgy bulb. Maybe try the other hid bulb or ballast etc...
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                                It should have lit if the other side did. Could be a dodgy bulb. Maybe try the other hid bulb or ballast etc...
                                Will do first thing tomorrow morning, for now I put original bulb back and it works fine. Made me wonder if wiring was correct or if the two sides had to be connected together somehow. Will let you know what happens in the morning :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X