AUDI A1 Turbo Blown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUDI A1 Turbo Blown.

Well my daughters AUDI decided to give up the ghost yesterday. Car kicked out loads of black smoke and then revved itself up to 6000 revs. Well I am thinking that the turbo has burnt all the engine oil. I hope it hasn’t done any more damage. Don’t even know when I will be able to even have a look with all this Coronavirus going on, as knowing my luck , Mr plod will come along when I have got my head under the bonnet and slap me with a fine for not being indoors at home.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

worst time ever for this mate,,good luck with it,,just shows you the premium german brands still have their issues
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      worst time ever for this mate,,good luck with it,,just shows you the premium german brands still have their issues
      As you say, they all have their faults.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        What, Opel isn't premium?

Comment

Just look at JLR, Terrible for reliability reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
            Well my daughters AUDI decided to give up the ghost yesterday. Car kicked out loads of black smoke and then revved itself up to 6000 revs. Well I am thinking that the turbo has burnt all the engine oil. I hope it hasn’t done any more damage. Don’t even know when I will be able to even have a look with all this Coronavirus going on, as knowing my luck , Mr plod will come along when I have got my head under the bonnet and slap me with a fine for not being indoors at home.
            Bad time, do you mean just having a look on your driveway, unless yours is street parking then i could understand.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Bad time, do you mean just having a look on your driveway, unless yours is street parking then i could understand.
              She had the car recovered to her house, rather than to mine which would have made more sense if the car was at mine. Now I would have to travel too my daughters house to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                She had the car recovered to her house, rather than to mine which would have made more sense if the car was at mine. Now I would have to travel too my daughters house to take a look.
                Ar right. Wow you are good really following the law. There are sh*t load of people still driving out in their cars god knows where they are going. As far as i see it, the government has put a lockdown in place, there should barely be any cars on the road, i live on relatively not too busy road, but every 5 mins a car go pass.

Comment

Still work at the moment. But when I get back to the yard from Northampton, I will be officially FURLOUGHED .

Comment

Just to update this thread, I now have the turbo in my possession and am trying to work out what has gone wrong.

I hope someone can help me out here. Maybe lizzard-t
                    Cannot see any damage to the turbines, it maybe a little stiff to turn as in it doesn’t spin freely as I thought it would.
                    There is a little play in the spindle side to side, but no play in the spindle length ways.
                    Just don’t want to replace the turbo without finding the original problem that caused this in the first place, afraid it will happen again.
                    Any input from anyone will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Comment

MR witty .
                      Reading through what happened to your daughters car , to me it seems as if it may if tried to run on the contents of the sump,
                      Is it diesel or petrol ? But from the symptoms
                      It may if suffered run away .
                      Have you dared try to start or turn it over by hand to see if there's life in the bottom end ?
                      Also check oil level if there is any in there
                      What ever , as you know yourself black smoke is a sign of unburnt fuel
                      Not unless an injector got stuck open .
                      Or throttle butterfly stuck open normally thease days it's all fly-by-wire .
                      That's my thaught on it .
                      As the turbo seems quite ok .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        MR witty .
                        Reading through what happened to your daughters car , to me it seems as if it may if tried to run on the contents of the sump,
                        Is it diesel or petrol ? But from the symptoms
                        It may if suffered run away .
                        Have you dared try to start or turn it over by hand to see if there's life in the bottom end ?
                        Also check oil level if there is any in there
                        What ever , as you know yourself black smoke is a sign of unburnt fuel
                        Not unless an injector got stuck open .
                        Or throttle butterfly stuck open normally thease days it's all fly-by-wire .
                        That's my thaught on it .
                        As the turbo seems quite ok .
                        Sorry, I should have given more details about the car.
                        1.6 diesel tdi;
                        Yes I believe it has sucked the oil from the sump.
                        I haven’t been working on the car to remove the turbo.
                        So whatever suggestions I get, then I will be passing all the details on to her and getting as much info through texts and phone calls back and forth. I would be better off going to see the car for myself to be honest, but with the lockdown, I maybe a little limited as to what I can do.
                        I am sure you understand.

Comment

Also they did manage to start the car after but was shaking the whole vehicle.

Comment

So if it has suffered run away, what would be the remedy.

Comment

Just been told that it was white smoke that came out of the exhaust.
                              Not black as I was originally told and posted in the first post on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X