2nd main dealer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
    There are some dodgy people out there that actually have main dealer stamps Dave
    And dodgy dealers. I traded in a SLK to main Mercedes dealer with services for first 2 years (we had car from new) after which I did them (always used genuine filters) told dealer this and provided receipts for parts used, week later car on there forecourt as "approved Used" saying "full service history" supposedly to be classed as "approved used" they are meant to be with full MB history. Now Mercedes don't provide service books to be stamped up its all done on computer and I was told they cannot over write the data as it goes in when they connect to car so must be hoping whoever purchases car does not ask for printouts (I usually ask).

Comment

I remember back in the 1980's when I was dissilutioned with the heating industry, I got a job as a miled mannered car driver / valiter with a Volvo dealer in Findon West Sussex.i remember it was ANCA garage .
      I ended up staying there for 10 years , working my way up through the ranks , no formal training by Volvo , and I ended up carrying out some quite complex jobs on Volvos .
      The amount of Dodgy stuff going on behind the flashy showroom was astonishing.
      Young and stupid I may of been , but that put me off paying a franchise dealer to do any work on anything I own .
      Let alone buy a car from one .
      There are things I saw and were part of that would make Kojaks hair curly
      Anything for a profit .im not saying that all are like that but it was rife ,and in my mind still is .
      Yeeeeehaaaaaaa cowboy .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Unfortunately this has not stopped being the case. I am starting a new job monday for the same reason. The old companies only interest was what do we have to do to get the most money from you that was the way it was looked at from the ladies on switchboard to engineers, shops and the in home demonstration guys.

Comment

Update - never got a call back from Perry's, so I rang again and spoke with service manager, who apologized and confirmed brake fluid change and key fob battery replacement ARE included in main service cost, and will refund my £40. I wonder if he'd have got back to me if I hadn't queried it?!?
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
          X