Mines.....car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    So....after 2 1/2 years of ownership, I'm finally getting a job done that I've put off and put off for ever.

Prior to me buying the car, a previous owner must have had difficulty in getting the sump plug off and hacked it with a chisel.
    Doing so, they chipped the edge of the threaded plug hole on the sump.

So they filled it with silicon and then stuck the belly pan on it.
    Now, it only ever gave the slightest weep of oil and when I've serviced it, I've put it back the same way - with a dab of plastic gasket.

So, I bit the bullet and found a sump.
    It goes in next week to be done.

It's getting a full service along with the sump replacement and it's getting the oil seal done at the same time.

Stripped it out and cleaned the inside
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6818[/ATTACH]

Cleaned out the internals
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6821[/ATTACH]

And then built it back up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6819[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6820[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6822[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH]

So it's looking pretty ok....pity no one will see it
    But you know it's there and in perfect condition.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
      But you know it's there and in perfect condition.
      , Definitely bud.
      It doesn't use a gasket either, so I've ordered the high temp oil resistant silicone one at £13

Comment

• Don't forget the new sump plug!
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Don't forget the new sump plug!
          C'mon Howy......u honestly think I'd forget

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200716_210502252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	247747

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6830[/ATTACH]
            Good man,never doubted mate
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• The full service kit was delivered to juniors garage today

Oil filter
              Air filter
              Fuel filter
              Pollen filter
              5 litres of Shell helix
              2 litres of Gear oil

The sump plug came into me last week.....the oil seal I've had for a wee while.

I'm organised

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6830[/ATTACH]
                Good man,never doubted mate

Comment

• The full service kit was delivered to juniors garage today

Oil filter
                  Air filter
                  Fuel filter
                  Pollen filter
                  5 litres of Shell helix
                  2 litres of Gear oil

I'm organised

Comment

The full service kit was delivered to juniors garage today

Oil filter
                    Air filter
                    Fuel filter
                    Pollen filter
                    5 litres of Shell helix
                    2 litres of Gear oil

I'm organised
                    That’s a tidy little service your having, I will be doing the same soon as I’ve already noticed the air filter was not replaced on the service the garage performed, the air box was full of crap and the filter was dirty, I’ve cleaned it all out now but it needs replacing so I might as well do the lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mka306 View Post
                      That’s a tidy little service your having, I will be doing the same soon as I’ve already noticed the air filter was not replaced on the service the garage performed, the air box was full of crap and the filter was dirty, I’ve cleaned it all out now but it needs replacing so I might as well do the lot.
                      Gotta look after it mate

Comment

• Might do mine b4 I go back to work
                        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

• Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                          Might do mine b4 I go back to work
                          Always a good thing looking after the engine mate.

Comment

• Got called out to do a support shift at 10pm tonight.
                            It's an 80 mile round trip for me and my n/s headlight decided it didn't wanna go with us.....so I had to drive to East Ayrshire from Lanarkshire with one light.

Got to the unit and the bloody thing decided to work again. Consolation is.....it'll be light by the time im finished.

So I'll have a look at it tomorrow........

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200720_012027716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	247780

Comment

Got called out to do a support shift at 10pm tonight.
                              It's an 80 mile round trip for me and my n/s headlight decided it didn't wanna go with us.....so I had to drive to East Ayrshire from Lanarkshire with one light.

Got to the unit and the bloody thing decided to work again. Consolation is.....it'll be light by the time im finished.

So I'll have a look at it tomorrow........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6889[/ATTACH]
                              Time to go LED. Give Kel's a go. I think you'll be surprised how they've come on since you last tried them.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                                Time to go LED. Give Kel's a go. I think you'll be surprised how they've come on since you last tried them.
                                I think I'll stick with the hids

Comment

Working...
                                X