No announcement yet.

Anyone else miss driving at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair point... Maybe I’m just being a bit too paranoid about being stopped and that

Comment

Still driving every day to work but wouldn't miss it. As said though...It's nice and quiet.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Still driving every day to work but wouldn't miss it. As said though...It's nice and quiet.
        Not a great difference for me coming to work before 7, but once got smith and nephew roundabout you really notice the difference. Least car is enjoying it over 10 mph higher average speed and average mpg staying just under 50 on work runs when normally 40 or less.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Also still working.
          I’m in the aircraft industry working in a MRO facility most of the office staff are all working from home. Just us mechanics left.

Comment

Haven't even started mine for almost three weeks. Both me and SWMBO in high risk group.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Don't people sit in their car start it up and give it a few revs . Not that i been doing that , but surely going out for a drive is ok as long as you don't stop off anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Don't people sit in their car start it up and give it a few revs . Not that i been doing that , but surely going out for a drive is ok as long as you don't stop off anywhere.
                Not in Cumbria. Handing out fines like nobody's business

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                  Not in Cumbria. Handing out fines like nobody's business
                  What's the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                    What's the reason?
                    It's not essential to be driving the car to nowhere . It's probably in terms of having an accident, well that's my guess anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                      It's not essential to be driving the car to nowhere . It's probably in terms of having an accident, well that's my guess anyway
                      Yeah that's what they said on the news last week. If you have a break down you're putting breakdown services at risk and you could be taking them away from keeping key workers moving. Same with accidents really.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Yeah that's what they said on the news last week. If you have a break down you're putting breakdown services at risk and you could be taking them away from keeping key workers moving. Same with accidents really.
                        If your oil pick up seal has been replaced then you're be fine .

You are merely clearing your head and exercising your mind same as normal exercise but mentally.

Comment

Drove my car for the first time in a week today. Supermarket and back. Could have used my free bus pass as all the buses are running virtually empty, but quicker and safer to take the car. Got to the supermarket at 11 am before the queues. No problem. Common sense should prevail.

Comment

Well mine has been parked for what seems like ages. Today I thought I would check it over, put a brick behind the wheel and take the handbrake off. Seems ok inside, no bad smells! Tried to release the electric handbrake but it wouldn't let me without starting the engine, so once started thought I had better let it warm through.Battery seemed fine but I let it idle for 20/25 mins, ran aircon, moved it forwards/backwards (handbrake had seized a bit). Then stuck it in park, turned it off and locked it up for another week or so. I do miss it!

Comment

Working...
                            X