08 insignia saloon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 insignia saloon.

Hi guys. I am trying to fix a tailgate unlocking problem on my 08 Insignia. I have replaced the switch and the motor. I have checked and replaced the relevant fuses and still have the problem. I would like to try replacing the relevant relays but cannot find a relay physical layout either on-line or in the Haynes manual. I would really appreciate some help as this is doing my head in. I was an aircraft electrician so am familiar with working on car and bike electrics. Thanks in anticipation, Centaur.

Welcome. I have no idea, are you saying there is no power getting to the motor? If there is, then it has to me mechanical i.e. there is something seized. I am sure you have more knowledge than me on the subject, but I hope somebody on here will give you some help.

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
          Welcome. I have no idea, are you saying there is no power getting to the motor? If there is, then it has to me mechanical i.e. there is something seized. I am sure you have more knowledge than me on the subject, but I hope somebody on here will give you some help.
          Thanks, RS but it is not mechanical. I just need the relay locations to allow me to move on with circuit checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
            Welcome
            Thanks Witty.

Comment

Have a search on here for repair replace tailgate switch there was a couple of guys with the same problem but I think they were tourers but there was useful information

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                Have a search on here for repair replace tailgate switch there was a couple of guys with the same problem but I think they were tourers but there was useful information
                Thanks Lff.

Comment

Hope you get it sorted Centaur, someone on here will have had the same problem, sorry I can't help.

Comment

Hope you get it sorted Centaur, someone on here will have had the same problem, sorry I can't help.
                    Searched the site for everything relevant but no joy. Been offered a reasonable price for the car as it is so that may be hello and goodbye to the Insignia. I shall avoid Vauxhall in the future if something as simple as the physical layout of the relays is a secret! Dealer said he couldn't help but bring it in for them to repair!

Comment

You've probably already found it but if not, there is a fusebox in the boot. Will that house the relay you're looking for?
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur View Post
                        Thanks, RS but it is not mechanical. I just need the relay locations to allow me to move on with circuit checking.
                        Hi Centaur, I have autodata's wiring diagram for tailgate electrics if that's any good. Looking at it the relay should be in the facia fuse box relay K58
                        Could have a look at work on Monday for actual location of relay but PM me your email if you want me to send you wiring diagram
                        Last edited by Minuteman; 10-02-2018, 02:41 PM.
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Thanks Minuteman, I hope Centaur looks on here again, I can see how he feels about it. The dealers sound rubbish, not the attitude for people who work near LUTON!!!

Comment

Thanks Minuteman. The dealers sound rubbish, not the attitude for people who work near LUTON!!!
                            No problem Red Stoat happy to help. Very few dealers will give out that kind of info even to us in the trade, in fact our Ford dealer group now has a centralised parts line so we can't get a direct line to our local parts depot who were great for tech info.
                            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              You've probably already found it but if not, there is a fusebox in the boot. Will that house the relay you're looking for?
                              Thanks Marko. Found and it houses one of the relevant relays but which one, and where the other is I don't know. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X