AAAARGH Electronic boot module faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAARGH Electronic boot module faulty

Can anyone help - my electronic boot module has gone , Vauxhall want £245 plus vat for the part and £52 to re programme it , have found one on Ebay second hand of course , are these plug and play if its second hand ? many thanks for any advice

Welcome to the forum mate You sure its the module not just the switch? The switches are known to go bad!

Comment

Yeah it most likely be the switch, common fault

Comment

Hi,
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
          Welcome to the forum mate You sure its the module not just the switch? The switches are known to go bad!
          Hi Mate - yeah it was sodden wet and one of the pins had corroded off and the system error says boot/lid fault no comms

Comment

Originally posted by blueboy View Post
            Hi Mate - yeah it was sodden wet and one of the pins had corroded off and the system error says boot/lid fault no comms
            Is it a tourer? Mine did exactly the same. Still haven’t got round to getting it fixed as the tailgate does open slightly then i have to lift it manually. Was quoted £425 to do the complete job.

Comment

yeah it is dont know how it got so wet !!!!

Comment

yeah it is dont know how it got so wet !!!!
                I have a feeling it was from one of the grommets under the plastic cover at the top of the tailgate opening. I put a lot of clear silicone around it and it seems to have helped. I have also put a plastic bag over the module and motor.

I guarantee that the housing around the tailgate motor is soaking wet to. You will have to take the cover apart and wring out the water then leave the foam on a radiator for a day or so. Also i got some contact spray to clear the contacts on the motor and module box where the 3 connectors go in. After i did that thats when the tailgate sort of worked

Comment

Welcome
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Can anyone help - my electronic boot module has gone , Vauxhall want £245 plus vat for the part and £52 to re programme it , have found one on Ebay second hand of course , are these plug and play if its second hand ? many thanks for any advice
                    Hi, I wondered if you managed to swap the module, I’m having the same trouble but I keep seeing things about reprogramming? Also many different modules with different numbers on, are these interchangeable do you know
                    Thanks for Ny help you have

Comment

I have the same issue with my boot, initially it worked intermittently after drying out the ecu, then the boot opened a fraction. Now the boot won't open at all. I have tried searching for the part number (I think). These are the numbers on it:
                      MC P/N 3027908-E00
                      ME P/N 101924-A
                      GM software P/N 22901052-AD
                      GM CAL P/N 22908891-AA

I have searched for the numbers but can only find one which matches on the entire web. Are the parts interchangeable with modules that have different numbers?
                      I resent paying £300 for a visit to the vauxhall when I can replace it myself, I just need to find the correct part!
                      Also, if anyone has any pics of where the sealant needs to be applied, It would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Asteroidj View Post
                        I have the same issue with my boot, initially it worked intermittently after drying out the ecu, then the boot opened a fraction. Now the boot won't open at all. I have tried searching for the part number (I think). These are the numbers on it:
                        MC P/N 3027908-E00
                        ME P/N 101924-A
                        GM software P/N 22901052-AD
                        GM CAL P/N 22908891-AA

I have searched for the numbers but can only find one which matches on the entire web. Are the parts interchangeable with modules that have different numbers?
                        I resent paying £300 for a visit to the vauxhall when I can replace it myself, I just need to find the correct part!
                        Also, if anyone has any pics of where the sealant needs to be applied, It would be much appreciated!
                        Can you start a new thread in the appropriate sub forum.

This thread is 2 years old and it's in the introduction section - not for posting troubles.

Comment

Working...
                        X