Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt

Hi,

At what mileage should I be looking at getting the cambelt changed? Car is a 2014 1.8 petrol elite

TIA
    2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

I might be wrong, but 100,000 miles seems to ring a bell. I had mine done at 98,000 & cost £190 all in with a new aux belt.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
      I might be wrong, but 100,000 miles seems to ring a bell. I had mine done at 98,000 & cost £190 all in with a new aux belt.
      Ahhh ok cool mines only on, 48,000 is there anything I should be looking at with that mileage?
      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

I think you should be ok for a while. Just make sure to do regular oil changes with good quality fully synthetic oil, change spark plugs & if it starts to sound like a diesel on startup (knocking noise from top left of engine as you look at it) & keeps knocking, you'll need to replace the cam solenoids, easy job (there's a how2 on here) & not too costly either. I found the performance with mine got better after replacing the solenoids & spark plugs.

You'll have far less problems than with a diesel & engine should be good for well over 100,000 miles if we'll maintained.

Comment

Don't forget the age of the belt,just because the car has done 48,000 the belt age is 10years old.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
            Don't forget the age of the belt,just because the car has done 48,000 the belt age is 10years old.
            Would you recommend I have it changed?
            2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Myself I would to be fair.
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                Myself I would to be fair.
                To be honest I'd have to agree. The material of such a fundamental component & the risk of failure due the degradation over time of said component, it would certainly give you peace of mind to get it changed. After all, a simple thing like oil changes are recommended by miles covered OR time elapsed since the previous one.

Comment

Will get it done for peace of mind
                  2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Just noticed,your signature shows a 2009 Elite 1.8,that's why I said the belt is 10yrs old!

Comment

100k or 10 years which ever comes first.
                      So yeah its due now.

Comment

Working...
                      X