Anyway to lower passenger seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
    Cheers exclusiv. I'll have a look around eBay. This would probably be the best solution here by the looks of it.

Seems to be hard to find ones that are facelift though, plenty pre facelift. Not sure if they are interchangeable. Looks like some of them have just a manual mechanism which would be ideal as well and would be a straight swap.

A lot of them are absolutely disgusting looking though!
    If you handy with tools it could be option to remove covering from existing seat and fit onto second hand frame, Ive don it couple times over the years but take your time starting with the seat covers you don't want to use, that way you will have good idea before working on current seat.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      If you handy with tools it could be option to remove covering from existing seat and fit onto second hand frame, Ive don it couple times over the years but take your time starting with the seat covers you don't want to use, that way you will have good idea before working on current seat.
      Probably the best solution. New base, reuse seat. Sorted. Hopefully a fairly cheap fix. Seats going for around 40 quid on the eBays.

Comment

Not having much luck finding any seats going on their own that have the raising and lowering mechanism.

Was the centre console changed on the facelift? Was eyeing up a full leather interior from a prefacelift, but don't think the control module for the aircon/seats etc would fit. Appears to be a completely different shape/centre console on whatever it's come out of.

Comment

Centre console on pre, and face-lift are basically the same

The bit from gearstick back over, I'm referring to
          Last edited by exclusiv.; 16-10-2018, 11:30 AM.
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Centre console on pre, and face-lift are basically the same

The bit from gearstick back over, I'm referring to
            When you say the bit backover, do you mean from the front of the gear stick to the rear of the car?

The set below, come with the control module for heated seats etc.

Particularly this part

However, mine looks like this (minus the eco button)

So a bit confused about the prospect of retro fitting the above ebay link.

When I say centre console, I mean the whole head unit/aircon/facia modules rather than the centre armrest and gear stick surround in case that caused any confusion.

Its possible i'm getting confused due to a different radio set up. I'm not particularly sure which one i've got

Comment

Yeah the centre bit, gearstick back over, is same in both
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The heated seat controls on face-lift are here

Comment

Cheers exclusiv! That clears it up now, looks like I could retrofit the seats, but nothing else unfortunately.

Comment

Some of wiring won't be there either,, the seats in your link are out of an elite, which are fully electric, as opposed to Sri, which are only part electric
                    Cheers exclusiv! That clears it up now, looks like I could retrofit the seats, but nothing else unfortunately.

Comment

Some of wiring won't be there either,, the seats in your link are out of an elite, which are fully electric, as opposed to Sri, which are only part electric
                      Cheers Exclusiv.
                      I've actually found, funnily enough, an Exclusiv cloth seat nearhand me that also matches the current seats i've got in. I can't quite see from the pictures whether the raise/lower buttons are there or not. Waiting on the seller confirming.

The same seller also has a half leather seat listed, with pictures of the buttons so, A) would the covers still come off and transfer over on a half leather seat? B) How would I power the seat, given that the wiring obviously isn't there at the moment.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone! I realise i've been asking tons of questions on this.

EDIT* Seller just confirmed that the Exclusiv one it doesn't have the buttons to raise it up and down. Looks like it's the half leather one, and then attempting to swap over the covers and sort out some wiring!

EDIT EDIT*
                      I wonder if I could swap the seat covers over so the new seat has the seat currently in the cars cover on it, remove the DRIVERS seat from it's rails, connect up the PASSENGER seat to the DRIVERS seat power source/plugs/cables etc. Lower it using the buttons. Unplug it all, install the passenger seat on the passenger rails. And then swap the plastic seat side covers over and just remove all the buttons etc. That way, i've got a seat, with the original seat covers back on it, lowered, and the buttons removed/hidden (I could always leave this as is, but i'd rather not have non functioning buttons showing). Could be easier than wiring the new one all up so that it's working etc. I guess I might need to just give it a go and see what happens!

Comment

The heated seat controls on face-lift are here
                        Mine ain't like that

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just put a 12v feed to the appropriate motor to lower / higher the seat, don't mess with yours, less hassle, less to go wrong.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            Just put a 12v feed to the appropriate motor to lower / higher the seat, don't mess with yours, less hassle, less to go wrong.
                            Probably makes more sense. Wasn't sure if I could just feed off the cigarette lighter feed or not with the seat mechanism. I'm sure there would be no harm using this temporarily to get it lower. Cheers.

Comment

Probably makes more sense. Wasn't sure if I could just feed off the cigarette lighter feed or not with the seat mechanism. I'm sure there would be no harm using this temporarily to get it lower. Cheers.
                              Pretty sure the power going to the seat is different from Left to Right, can't find a wiring diagram to confirm.
                              Easy enough to change the trim, hardest part is removing the recline adjuster

Comment

Working...
                              X