Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\just shooting the breeze

Comment

As I understand it Vx won't quote the service interval for the Haldex system because they never had one. Changing the diff oil may only bring short term relief as the seals dry and then pass oil to the other side. If thge Haldex system goes then your looking at about £4k to put right. Anyone looking to purchase a used Insignia 4X4 better have a good warranty when the manufacturers one runs out. Doesn't help you though unfortunately
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Comment

Even the vxr8 has this problem.back in day of my vxr siggy ,I had my oil/filter/seals done at 14k,
          i was lucky to get a service awd warning and under warranty is was sorted,two day job if I remember right.

id be tempted to agree that gm buy the cheapest...!
          sigpic

Comment

Hi warpman, hope this helps: http://www.thorney.ms/insignia-vxr-haldex-upgrade.html
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

4x4 problems

I hear the GKN is a good setup, wish i had the money to have brought the new gs with 4x4 and auto

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by warpman View Post
                  Fabulous, I know where I'll be going to if this happens again!

Many thanks 0011728
                  No problem

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                    I hear the GKN is a good setup, wish i had the money to have brought the new gs with 4x4 and auto
                    For a while I've been saying to people that I think the Insignia B 2.0T (260) will be a very poor selling car.

Why? Because it hasn't significantly moved things forward from the old 2.8T (260) which has been around since 2009.
                    Not to mention the general public's apparent hatred towards Vauxhall and how un-cool the brand is nowadays compared to a white Audi or black BMW. Vauxhall's flagship car will be a massive flop.

A flagship sporty petrol model that takes nearly 7s to reach 60mph is bitterly disappointing by today's standards. Nine years ago when its predecessor was released that was on a par with its contemporaries. But now even diesel repmobiles from Audi, BMW, Mercedes or VW are nearly as quick if not quicker, with far lower running costs.
                    How embarrassing to be unable to outrun a diesel repmobile in Vauxhall's latest flagship.

And even the 1980s laughing stock, Skoda, are producing cars that can utterly destroy an Insignia B 2.0T in a skirmish. It's now much easier to find a fast Skoda than a fast Vauxhall - look on Autotrader if you don't believe me.

And for people who want a relatively fast but classy-looking or understated car, the new 2.0T (260) doesn't offer that, with its oversized alloys and body kit.

As a sporty car it's too slow. As a classy car it's too blinged-up. Badge snobs won't touch it. Who does that leave to cough up £25-30k to order a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                      For a while I've been saying to people that I think the Insignia B 2.0T (260) will be a very poor selling car.

Why? Because it hasn't significantly moved things forward from the old 2.8T (260) which has been around since 2009.
                      Not to mention the general public's apparent hatred towards Vauxhall and how un-cool the brand is nowadays compared to a white Audi or black BMW. Vauxhall's flagship car will be a massive flop.

A flagship sporty petrol model that takes nearly 7s to reach 60mph is bitterly disappointing by today's standards. Nine years ago when its predecessor was released that was on a par with its contemporaries. But now even diesel repmobiles from Audi, BMW, Mercedes or VW are nearly as quick if not quicker, with far lower running costs.
                      How embarrassing to be unable to outrun a diesel repmobile in Vauxhall's latest flagship.

And even the 1980s laughing stock, Skoda, are producing cars that can utterly destroy an Insignia B 2.0T in a skirmish. It's now much easier to find a fast Skoda than a fast Vauxhall - look on Autotrader if you don't believe me.

And for people who want a relatively fast but classy-looking or understated car, the new 2.0T (260) doesn't offer that, with its oversized alloys and body kit.

As a sporty car it's too slow. As a classy car it's too blinged-up. Badge snobs won't touch it. Who does that leave to cough up £25-30k to order a new one?
                      100% Yes. There was a time when Opel petrol engines were the envy of other manufacturers. the '90's 2.0 and 2.5V6 I've had were both great engines, And the diesels weren't half bad. The current 1.5 turbo aint bad apparently but not for me, I do 50k kms a year.
                      I'd buy a Passat Biturbo.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        100% Yes. There was a time when Opel petrol engines were the envy of other manufacturers. the '90's 2.0 and 2.5V6 I've had were both great engines, And the diesels weren't half bad. The current 1.5 turbo aint bad apparently but not for me, I do 50k kms a year.
                        I'd buy a Passat Biturbo.
                        The 1.5T is a peach [emoji527] of an Engine I’ve been running diesels for 6 years and loved the torque etc etc....but with government threats of bans for anything below a euro 6 so I just changed my ecoflex for the 1.5t in the gs and I can’t praise it enough, it’s so smooth, its linear, is surprisingly more flexible at lower revs than my ecoflex before it, its simply a free revving, smooth and refined motor way better than I expected and quick too my 2L ecoflex was 9.2 second 0-60 the 1.5t 8.4 (not that i race around) it just feels sweet. So recommend the 1.5t wholeheartedly! Mpg improved to now i have 1100 miles on the clock.

Comment

Comment

I would contact Vauxhall Customer Services 0800 026 0034 and make a formal complaint if the Dealer Principle is doing nothing to resolve this. Have you confronted the dealer with the information you have posted here? That would be my first call. The problem is that not may dealers have the experience of these 4X4 systems

Comment

I’d second that then if no luck take them to small claims court for your losses. It’s cheap and easy to do these days.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X