Water in boot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in boot..

I have a 2014 sri 2.0cdti. Started to notice a stagnant smell inside the car getting worse as the days go on.. iv lifted up the carpet and the wheel well was wet in the bottom. So I soaked it all up with a towel and checked a few days later and slightly wet again.. seems to be coming from the drivers side as when I stick my arm down the little flappy part i can feel wetness down the bottom. (Sounds like 50 shades of grey [emoji23]) any advice appreciated

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
    I have a 2014 sri 2.0cdti. Started to notice a stagnant smell inside the car getting worse as the days go on.. iv lifted up the carpet and the wheel well was wet in the bottom. So I soaked it all up with a towel and checked a few days later and slightly wet again.. seems to be coming from the drivers side as when I stick my arm down the little flappy part i can feel wetness down the bottom. (Sounds like 50 shades of grey [emoji23]) any advice appreciated
    Silly question have you checked the boot seal?

Comment

Visually looks okay mate

Comment

Its not a problem I’ve heard of Jordan might have to wait for one of the more knowledgeable peeps on here, all i know mine wasn’t the best fitted a tapped mine all away around with a rubber mallet. Run your finger around the rubber edge to check for any splits.

Comment

Water in boot..

Will have a more detailed fiddle around tomorrow mate thanks for your help [emoji4]

Comment

Will have a more details fiddle around tomorrow mate thanks for your help
            Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

Comment

Have you changed a rear bulb recently? Could be a pinched seal?

Failing that madonvaux has a thread about water ingress in the boot might be worth a search.

Comment

hi there is a rubber grommet by the rear fuse board on the left hand side as you look into the boot that a lot of people have had the same problem with them. silicone will sort that out, the water tends to come up from the rear wheel arch when driving in the wet. There's lots of threads about this on here.

Comment

Seemed to be getting down to the rear foot wells now, checked today taken all the side walls of in boot and this is what I found [emoji33]

Comment

Comment

Nobody got any ideas ? I really wanna get this sorted [emoji30]

Comment

can you pop it out? if so prehaps stick something on the outer side to stop the water coming in

Comment

Lost my cool today and covered the whole thing in clear silicone so I’ll report back with results [emoji23]

Comment

The Corsa D is similar.The wife had the same issue,I removed the rear bumper and these vents pop out.The small seal perishes,ran a bead of automotive black silicone around the vent and popped back in.They can be done from inside the boot area,but don't drop them,hold with pliers then apply sealer and pull back in.HTH.
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Lost my cool today and covered the whole thing in clear silicone so I’ll report back with results [emoji23]
                              I found that the water is coming in from above the vent on mine, on the rear lights there are two plugs that go into plastic cups to hold the lens in, both of these little cups are lose and the water is running past them

Comment

Working...
                              X