Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car arrived

Evening all,,,,

Well collected my new motor on Wednesday, 5 weeks early,,, very nice.... I like very much, its a very nice smooth drive, looks very nice in the Rioja Red colour, some of the new toys make a difference,, however,,, very disappointed with Vauxhall on several things.....

The order was New Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport with some optional extras....

Engine: 2.0 (170PS) Turbo D BlueInjection 6-speed, manual, Colour: Rioja Red Driving Assistance Pack Four, Electrically foldable door mirrors with puddle lights, Cross-Traffic Alert, Sensor Indicator Side Obstacle Detection, enhanced, Rear-view camera, WINTER PACK TWO, Heated leather-covered steering wheel, Heated windscreen, FLEXRIDE, BOSE® PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM, HEAD-UP DISPLAY.

Overall I am very impressed with the new car,, colour is very good, the car suits it,,, style is good, very comfortable,,, new toys and IntelliLux LED® Matrix headlights are very good

This car is replacing a 2014 Insignia Elite Nav with 9 optional extras,, some of which are now standard in the new Elite Nav.... there are a few differences between the cars:

Some of the differences I do not understand:

Flexride: 2014 version you can link the Driver Information Display to the driving mode so that it changed when you selected Sport or Tour,,, you can't do this in the new car

Nearside mirror pointed down to the rear wheel when reverse was selected,,, doesn't do this in new car

Rear windscreen wiper is a free of charge optional extra on the new car,, this wasn't on the web site when I ordered it,, my new car doesn't have the wiper,,,, however I think the car looks better without it.

A few changes were made to the web site at the start of January 3 weeks after my order was in,, oh well such is life,, but if these items were available why not have them on the website when the car first came out

Driver power seat was £3100 on 18th December,,, dropped 80% to £610 at start of January,,, so no sale !!!!!!!

360 Camera system added in January,, wasn't there in December,, so no sale !!!!

Keyless start and entry was on main page of website,, showed under the standard equipment for the Elite Nav as "Keyless Start".... In January an optional extra for Key Entry and Start was added,, under this option it only shows "Keyless Start",, exactly the same at the standard equipment for the Elite Nav in December... my car has the keyless start but not the keyless entry...... complaint sent to Vauxhall

Car is already booked back into the dealer for a couple, of small issues,,, steering wheel is not centred and car pulls slightly to left.... Heads Up Display is not straight, drops on left by about 3 deg,, and needs to be adjusted ( its like a photo on the wall that's not straight),,, doesn't fill me with confidence when the guy in the service department tells me they don't know how to adjust the HUD as they hadn't seen it before......

Photos to follow as soon as I get some nice ones folk....

happy driving

JT

Looking forward to seeing the photos.....Not good about the changes. They should honor your order if you have written confirmation before the date they dropped standard equipment. Keyless entry was standard from base model up. I think I'd be threatening to reject the car unless they sort you out either by adding the missing equipment or refunding you their cost.

Hope you get sorted....This should be a fun experience. Not the beginning of a fight.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Have not got the manual to hand but I have a 15 plate Elite Nav and I believe the 'dip on reverse' is something the driver sets up by going in to 'SETTINGS' on the Nav unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Have not got the manual to hand but I have a 15 plate Elite Nav and I believe the 'dip on reverse' is something the driver sets up by going in to 'SETTINGS' on the Nav unit.
        Yes its in vehicle car setting on the central screen, i think its under convenience features, you may need the car running. its a great feature the new gs doesn’t have it, just have a prod around the setting it will be with auto folding mirrors etc...

Comment

You can’t mess it up either just press the back button

Comment

Could I activate this on mine via opcom? So then it would show in the convenience settings?

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
              Could I activate this on mine via opcom? So then it would show in the convenience settings?

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S
              I had a 2014 facelift and it worked on that just had to dig into the menus and sub menus to find it, like the easy entry/exit electric seats and changing the lights to left hand drive for going into Europe, auto rear sweep on rear window wiper if you put it in reverse etc.. all in sub menus, had mine at least 4 month before sitting in it one Sunday afternoon and played around in the menus, its all there

Comment

Working...
              X