No announcement yet.

2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure there was a guy on here with more or less the same problems----his started after changing some fuses around----at the end he found out that the fuse number 5 in the engine bay had blown-----this fuse controls all the ignition and other major modules in the car ---might be worth a check-------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      Sure there was a guy on here with more or less the same problems----his started after changing some fuses around----at the end he found out that the fuse number 5 in the engine bay had blown-----this fuse controls all the ignition and other major modules in the car ---might be worth a check-------Dave
      I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay & glove box all are fine.

Comment

He did exactly the same--had all the "experts" looking at it and it was his father in law that spotted it-----just thought I would mention it------Dave

Comment

There is battery voltage in the fuse box when I remove the relay & a trace voltage of just over 3 volts in another terminal.I presume the other 2 terminals would be switched from the relay & an Earth

Comment

Relay changed still no start

Comment

Originally posted by dazaston View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2809[/ATTACH] this is the fuse box
              Hi lets presume you are working to correct diagram for your car, this is the way i would move, first with the ignition on does the relay energjise (unplug and push gently back in) you should either hear or feel the relay click or both) if it clicks then check for volts on terminal 30 (if no volts look what feeds this terminal, if it does not click then check for 12 volt across coil (terminals 85 & 86) 86 being + positive. there is usually some numbers under next to pins or little diagram on side but if not this link should help id the pin numbers.

Comment

Thanks will check that tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by dazaston View Post
                  Thanks will check that tomorrow
                  just doing bit of digging for you on this problem, how have you come to conclusion that you have a "Bosch EDC17C19"?
                  Just bit general info for you, looking at the picture of ecu you found on the bottom of picture were it says to left of T94 pins 5 and 46 you will notice in () it says 15 and 30, on 99% of vehicles "15" is 12 volt after ignition and "30" is battery positive. My thoughts are as you have no power the ecu cannot communicate down can line, If you absolutely sure the picture is correct for your car put + to terminal 5 as mentioned earlier if the scanner then sees the ecu then you going in right direction. but as well as viewing via scanner I would just try starting BUT ONLY if YOU ARE Sure the picture IS RELEVANT TO YOUR CAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    just doing bit of digging for you on this problem, how have you come to conclusion that you have a "Bosch EDC17C19"?
                    Just bit general info for you, looking at the picture of ecu you found on the bottom of picture were it says to left of T94 pins 5 and 46 you will notice in () it says 15 and 30, on 99% of vehicles "15" is 12 volt after ignition and "30" is battery positive. My thoughts are as you have no power the ecu cannot communicate down can line, If you absolutely sure the picture is correct for your car put + to terminal 5 as mentioned earlier if the scanner then sees the ecu then you going in right direction. but as well as viewing via scanner I would just try starting BUT ONLY if YOU ARE Sure the picture IS RELEVANT TO YOUR CAR.
                    Hi & thanks.I got the details from this website so unsure if its the right one as mine is the 2010 2.0 cdti ecoflex 160 bhp
                    CarDumps.Net ECU Files & Pinout, Airbag Files, IMMO Stuff & Radio Decode and usefull information for automotive

I have looked all over for any other diagrams showing the ecu wiring but cannot find any

Comment

This is taken from my ecuClick image for larger version

Name:	9528B0A2-4148-47B8-95C7-7AA92C3CE6DD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	243989

Comment

Looking at number in bottom corner "0281017453" of your ecu and the numbers onder "HW" on cardumps.net I personally would not rely on the photo/picture you added earlier on this post. just had another thought "you have not changed key/remote since car last ran" i did google search on your ecu number and it brought up "immobiliser"
                        An immo off support forum for Immo Bypass Software users. Immobiliser problems, questions and solutions developed by our expert! -Opel Insignia 2.0 (2011) immo off - EDC17 0281017453

Comment

Looking at number in bottom corner "0281017453" of your ecu and the numbers onder "HW" on cardumps.net I personally would not rely on the photo/picture you added earlier on this post. just had another thought "you have not changed key/remote since car last ran" i did google search on your ecu number and it brought up "immobiliser"
                          https://carlabimmo.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=16215
                          Its still the same key.The car sometimes starts & runs for 2 seconds according to opcom

Comment

Ok I'm hoping to find some wiring diagrams but the file size's can be quite large and I'm on a slow internet (caravan site) so if it not playing ball I will try when i get home hoping today but Wife in Hospital at moment hoping they will let her out today. The forum i use is very good and you can get some very good info so worth registering.

The site is https://mhhauto.com

see the post (link below (post 3) is of interest) but as im a already registered it lets me view it, not sure if it allows none members to view.
                            In mean time can you "PM" me your chassis number, I DONT RECOMMEND you put it on a thread on here hence PM.

Comment

Ok I'm hoping to find some wiring diagrams but the file size's can be quite large and I'm on a slow internet (caravan site) so if it not playing ball I will try when i get home hoping today but Wife in Hospital at moment hoping they will let her out today. The forum i use is very good and you can get some very good info so worth registering.

The site is https://mhhauto.com

see the post (link below (post 3) is of interest) but as im a already registered it lets me view it, not sure if it allows none members to view.
                              In mean time can you "PM" me your chassis number, I DONT RECOMMEND you put it on a thread on here hence PM.

https://mhhauto.com/Thread-wiring-di...light=insignia
                              I have requested to join the forum waiting for a registration code.I have sent you the car vin number by PM

Comment

Hi lets presume you are working to correct diagram for your car, this is the way i would move, first with the ignition on does the relay energjise (unplug and push gently back in) you should either hear or feel the relay click or both) if it clicks then check for volts on terminal 30 (if no volts look what feeds this terminal, if it does not click then check for 12 volt across coil (terminals 85 & 86) 86 being + positive. there is usually some numbers under next to pins or little diagram on side but if not this link should help id the pin numbers.
                                https://www.amazon.com/Omron-Relay-1.../dp/B07BT3XB25
                                The relay does not click when I take it out & put it in.There is voltage from terminal 30 when I take out the relay.There is voltage between pins 85&86 with the relay in

Comment

Working...
                                X