Silly MOT Advisories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly MOT Advisories

So my "new" insignia (2014) was put through an MOT by the garage I brought it from (before I took delivery) and I am a bit miffed by the advisory on it

" under trays fitted obscuring some underside components"

Don't most modern cars have under trays?

Originally posted by ewanwhosearmy View Post
    So my "new" insignia (2014) was put through an MOT by the garage I brought it from (before I took delivery) and I am a bit miffed by the advisory on it

" under trays fitted obscuring some underside components"

Don't most modern cars have under trays?
    I have had this a few times also had one for a car seat in the back

Comment

Garages have been warned about these advisories, most stopped it some took no notice, if you contact vosa they will have them removed

Comment

I did have the tray advisory once for a car that was MOTÂ’d 4 times in the time I had it

I also had a car seat advisor as the tester could not check the rear seats on an zafira as car seats where fitted to the middle row.

Comment

Originally posted by 1989arnie View Post
          I have had this a few times also had one for a car seat in the back
          That's correct, we are not allowed to disconnect belt to examine the seat belt if a child seat is fitted, in case the sprog shoots through the windscreen under braking. It's a liability thing .

In all seriousness tho I know someone with a cut belt who fitted a child seat so it would pass the test.....mental
          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

if MOT tester puts these comments he is doing his job and covering his arse, his license to do mot's is his livelihood. and should something fail behind the covers it is recorded that he was unable to fully check it.

Comment

Working...
            X