Running a cable into estate tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a cable into estate tailgate

Has anybody but a reversing camera on an estate and if so how was the wire ran from the body to the tailgate.

best guess would be under the trim panels behind the boot, down the pillar (or through boot and under seats) and along the footwell trims

have you thought about a wireless one?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
      best guess would be under the trim panels behind the boot, down the pillar (or through boot and under seats) and along the footwell trims

have you thought about a wireless one?
      Sorry should have explained I have it to the boot just need to get it to the boot lid

Comment

can try behind/at the side of the rear seats, if not try following the wiring through the the rubber tube that links the cables front and rear that you see when the tailgate is open

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
          can try behind/at the side of the rear seats, if not try following the wiring through the the rubber tube that links the cables front and rear that you see when the tailgate is open
          It’s getting to that wireing that looks tricky tho

Comment

Originally posted by 1989arnie View Post
            It’s getting to that wireing that looks tricky tho
            Hi Arnie
            How did you get on, threading the wire through, did you manage it???
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              Hi Arnie
              How did you get on, threading the wire through, did you manage it???
              No didn’t try the camera interferes with my radio signal to much to make it worth it

Comment

Just fitted a reversing/rear view camera. Removed the tailgate inner trim and and the two side trims, surprisingly easy to thread through, when they are removed.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Done mine a few weeks ago---not too bad a job---Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190601_113324.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	243207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190601_113347.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	243208------Dave

Comment

And a couple more----Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190601_113337.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	243209Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190601_113332.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	243210------Dave

Comment

Put my rear camera just above the number plate, now the cable doesn't reach the position I wanted. Would do if I put were you've put yours. Trouble is my windows are tinted. Anybody know if tinted would make any difference????
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

My windows are tinted and to honest the tint didn't make much difference in the video, working fine as far as I'm concerned - - Dave

Comment

Had limo tint on old insignia,camera worked fine. its easier to look out,than to look in,,,,weird
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Dave Do you realise that you have just condemned me to some grunting and groaning, I'm going to have to move mine now. What did you fix the camera to the screen with???
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Has anybody encountered issues with the radio reception since fitting a camera

Comment

Working...
                              X