gearbox issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox issues

looking for help with a gearbox issue.. I think she has an M32 gearbox on her 1.6 turbo SIDI (petrol). When its cold its almost impossible to select first gear, even with me telling her to let the car warm up by running the engine for 5 - 10 minutes. I have told her to start using 2nd to pull away which she can just about do.. After driving around for a few miles its fine.

I have a feeling its to do with oil levels but cannot be sure. Its booked into the Stealers in January but i would rather not pay their rates to investigate a problem.

Does anybody have any ideas on what the cause of this is?

Hi
    Are you sure its the M32 and not The F40, I have the F40, and with this cold weather its a nightmare trying to get first gear until warmed up.

Comment

Would an oil change be of help,I did my gearbox (M32) oil change for the Fuches oil and it has made quite a difference.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

If it is the F40 then as above they are known for poor selection when cold , that gearbox was used on the 9-3 and many reports of that problem.
        If your good with spanners then first off identify the filler plug which is under the battery tray
        Make sure you can undo that .
        Then raise the car , support it with axel stands
        Remove under tray .locate drain plug , undo , empty .put back re-fill with 75/w80 1.8 litres is the quantity of oil to fill , but put in 1.3 litres of 75/w80 then 0.5 litres of redline MTL .or if you are feeling flush then put in the whole quart and just subtract for the other oil quantity

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I am pretty sure its the M32 as the engine used in these Insignia 1.6T petrol units is derived from the Corsa VXR unit. Howy seems to have run up against some issues with his engine/gearbox being similar to ours. Do you have any specific info on this please?

I am familiar with the oil level fix for the F40 as i had those on my previous Signum 2.0T (petrol) and 19.T (diesel) cars. I have read about similar oil level fix issues with this M32 box as well but I want a more definitive fix. I am unable to work on on the car itself as i am in a hospice counting down my days, but i do not want my wife to ripped off and would rather not have a tech blindly crawl over it without any any idea of what he his looking for.

Comment

Hello,I did have issues with my M32,ok when cold to select gears but 'knochy'.Decided to do an oil change and it was pretty dark/thin.Decided to refill with Fuchs Titan Sintofluid 75W-80.Now I was told to refill with 2.2 litres,which I did,i also was going to check the gear selector cables for adjustment,but after running the car a few miles the gear change was a lot better.Even today the 'box' is smoother.I have decided to do the oil change again as a routine service.HTH.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
            X