X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air handling unit failure

Hi, Dear Insignia owners!
    I'm Peter from Hungary
    I would like to ask you for help in solving, correcting, or at least discovering possible causes of the next technical error.
    The very annoying mistake is a 2009 diesel, 160Le, manual transmission in Insignia.
    The central console has an air handling unit (fan, air conditioner, seat fan, and everything that this unit operates) if the cabin temperature reaches approx. 24 ° C, which is approx. 18 ° C outside sunshine, no switching on. When the car is started, nothing appears on the unit display, as if it were not receiving power, no function at all. But everything else on the car. Extremely annoying. In winter, this phenomenon does not occur, now summer and warm. If I remove the battery for 3 minutes (previous suggestion), it will erase any errors and I could use the system. It was still working in low heat, but it was a failure in warmer weather. And now the screw is coming. If I do not do anything, I will not take off the battery, just get into the garage, then "operate" the next morning.
    Every morning at the first start, everything works ...... but only until you think it's hot.
    Diagnostics said everything was okay, didn't write any error code.
    Unpredictable.

Please, if you have someone's suggestion, your idea or have heard about it, then write it!
    Thanks in advance.
    Péter

Hello Peter,

It may be that you might have a faulty 'air temperature' sensor..(the one in the front of the grill...look for a small round hole, lower grills near where the spot /fog lights would be..)... this might be causing the system not to recognize differing / changing air temperature......

I could be wrong but it might be worth having a look at that first...as it wouldn't throw up any fault codes if it were faulty.

Also, disconnecting the battery for a few minutes would only reset the 'sensor' but the minute the outside air warms it up again, or the sensor reads an increase in outside / ambient temperature, it would fail .. this is also possibly why it doesn't happen during the winter/colder weather as the sensor never 'warms' up.

with reference to you leaving the car overnight in a garage and finding the system works the next morning... this could be down to the simple fact that the sensor will have inevitably cooled down over night, to a level where the system reads the temp is cold enough to start working again..
    Last edited by Langy; 28-05-2019, 08:02 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    Chris

Comment

Thank you, I'll watch it. (if I find it)

Comment

can you post a picture of the front of your car and i'll see if i can highlight it for you..?
        Chris

Comment

Sorry, I can't insert the image.
          If possible, I will send you an email directly.

Comment

Comment

You can't post direct to the forum, you have to upload to a hosting site like photobucket, flcker etc and then post the image link here
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It’s at the top corner of the lower grill,
                  Here’s a pic of where mine is.. yours should be the same...

Chris

Comment

Hi!
                    It really is there. Thanks again!
                    I hope the sensor replacement will solve the problem.
                    After the replacement I will indicate if the problem is resolved.

Koszonom szepen!

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X