Digital cluster retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital cluster retrofit

Is it possible to retrofit the 8 inch digital cluster to my 2015 Insignia. The cluster I found is from the same facelifted insignia with even the same engine. If so, can someone explain roughly what the procedure is, does it need some kind of coding etc? Thanks!

Lewish on here is selling everything you need. However it needs coding to the car. I’ve just done this to mine and the hmi needed to go to Italy to be coded to my vin. It’s not a job for the feint hearted mate.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by pshabarkov View Post
      Is it possible to retrofit the 8 inch digital cluster to my 2015 Insignia. The cluster I found is from the same facelifted insignia with even the same engine. If so, can someone explain roughly what the procedure is, does it need some kind of coding etc? Thanks!
      It will be around 100 euros plus postage both ways. He will code it to your car and configure the options you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        It will be around 100 euros plus postage both ways. He will code it to your car and configure the options you have.
        Sure I paid him $150 [emoji848][emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
          Sure I paid him $150 [emoji848][emoji848]

You had RADIO and HMI programmed that's 2 things

Comment

whats the HMI?

Comment

box of tricks behind the climate panel,,Human Machine Interface
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

starting to sound like a lot of hassle that i do not really need to get myself into... will keep reading and researching the options to get her a satnav option instead of the r400 factory unit she has in her 2014 Elite....

Comment

It’s a bit of a job but in the end it’s well worth it

Comment

i understand what you say.. I used to do all kinds of mods to my cars, now i just need to get the wife's Insignia to a atandard that i am happy with. I am not a well man anymore and don't have the years left in me despite being 46... What the surgeons and chemo do to me limits my ability and enthusiasm now but hopefully extends my time.. A satnav in her car will help with the wife's independence when i am no longer around...

I do like the factory fit options and have considered the DVD900 option, while i still can i would have a go at fitting it if there are people that can code them in like i used to do with my tech2 on my previous cars.. I liked the idea of the cluster mentioned by the OP that Lewish has for sale but he has sold the satnav part of his kit already.. More reading needed on my part to see what i can and cannot do..

Comment

Working...
                    X