New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car

Hi I’m thinking about buying s 65plate elite nav insignia wondering does it have afl thanks

all elites have afl,as standard
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mint finally I will get to see the greatness let see if they are as good as people say

Comment

AFL’s are amazing you won’t be disappointed. Still amazes me when the high beam comes on automatically on really dark stretches of road yet detects an on coming car and switches off

Comment

Can’t wait to play with it also anyone know the best company for modded insurecance

Comment

Ilike the merc LCD's that stay on full beam but shade out where on coming cars are so not to blind them .

Comment

That’s mint that like

Comment

Sorry to burst the AFL bubble but I don't see the hype when it comes to the auto high beam.

I've only tried them on a motorway so that might be why but when driving with the high beam on it will flick off if I come across another car with bright lights but say I come across a car with older halogen the lights will stay on until they flash me in which they then turn off and then when they stop flashing it flicks back on.

Yet to try them on a country lane though

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                  Sorry to burst the AFL bubble but I don't see the hype when it comes to the auto high beam.

I've only tried them on a motorway so that might be why but when driving with the high beam on it will flick off if I come across another car with bright lights but say I come across a car with older halogen the lights will stay on until they flash me in which they then turn off and then when they stop flashing it flicks back on.

Yet to try them on a country lane though
                  Never had that issue, even picks cars up coming out of side roads etc. Only time mine get confused is on sharp bends with chevron boards, they pick the reflection up. Even had them dip for a push bike.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    Never had that issue, even picks cars up coming out of side roads etc. Only time mine get confused is on sharp bends with chevron boards, they pick the reflection up. Even had them dip for a push bike.
                    I've even tried cleaning the camera to see if it has a affect. I always find that it turns off a little late for my liking.

Do you keep it on all the time?

Comment

Yes never off . Only been flashed once and that was a hilly bumpy bendy road.

Auto main is separate to AFL system, depending on which setting your on they work differently on the motorway in high beam. How much have you played with them? I was unsure at first, but no way can I react at the speed they do instantly back to main beam when most needed.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Yes never off . Only been flashed once and that was a hilly bumpy bendy road.

Auto main is separate to AFL system, depending on which setting your on they work differently on the motorway in high beam. How much have you played with them? I was unsure at first, but no way can I react at the speed they do instantly back to main beam when most needed.
                        Settings? I haven't seen any high beam settings. I've tired them several times on the motorway with the same response each time. They always stay on a second or two longer then I personally would leave them on in manual. It detects cars with bright lights but some older cars it seems to struggle with and it keeps my high beam on.

I've cleaned the lense and windscreen and it's the same affect.

Comment

When I say settings I mean the AFL settings. Off, cornering, intelligent. Auto high beam works in all three but when set to intelligent its meant to change the beam pattern and light intensity on motorway.

Maybe your light sensor / camera isn't quite in the correct place, or maybe its slightly worn/ down on performance. Maybe been like that from new. Don't know how much or how hard to change.

Can't believe how quickly I have gotten used to not turning lights on, wipers on, main beam on, rear screen on etc.

Actually trust them all now, maybe not a good thing .

Jumped into work van last week, bad weather, like how do I turn lights on, where are wipers .

Comment

I feel it's down to a update.

My car is a 64 plate and was built in Oct 14. In the menus for my AFL I don't have a off option. Just AFL or bend lighting options.

Though the car was taken to a Vauxhall dealer by its first owner religiously.

Ive looked at the camera and there are no scratches on the lense. The only thing I can think off is that when I've used adhesive on the plastic shoud that it's a little off?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                              I feel it's down to a update.

My car is a 64 plate and was built in Oct 14. In the menus for my AFL I don't have a off option. Just AFL or bend lighting options.

Though the car was taken to a Vauxhall dealer by its first owner religiously.

Ive looked at the camera and there are no scratches on the lense. The only thing I can think off is that when I've used adhesive on the plastic shoud that it's a little off?
                              Maybe. Have a work colleague who has a 16 plate Astra GTC, he says the same, he hates it and never uses it.

Maybe extra light is getting into camera area throwing settings off. Someone here must have removed or replace who could give advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X