Coolant leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leak

Noticed I have a couple of stains on my drive so just managed to have a look under the car now. There is a drip coming from the passenger side but I can’t see where it’s coming from. The drip I can see looks like is on dripping the engine mount.
    We are going on holiday Monday morning and bit worried about travelling with it.
    Any help would be great.

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
    Noticed I have a couple of stains on my drive so just managed to have a look under the car now. There is a drip coming from the passenger side but I can’t see where it’s coming from. The drip I can see looks like is on dripping the engine mount.
    We are going on holiday Monday morning and bit worried about travelling with it.
    Any help would be great.
    You sure it's passenger side? Air con drain?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes coming from passenger side. Pinky colour liquid

Comment

Egr cooler cap is normally the prime suspect at the front of the engine passenger side or expansion tank is the other

Comment

Would that be just a leak round that cap or something more serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
            Would that be just a leak round that cap or something more serious?
            I think they crack at the bottom of the tank

Comment

I would get the EGR cooler 'cover' checked, as well as the expansion tank above it...

the EGR is known to had been made from shitty plastic/bakolite material and tends to start leaking after a few years..(i think mine was around six years old when it started to leak)

The funny thing is that Vauxhall know about this issue and produce a 'repair kit' for it..which consists of a new cover and better quality gaskets..

for example..

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vauxhall 55590953 2.0 Diesel Genuine EGR Valve Cooler Repair Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              X