Corsa 1.0 12v The little un

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa 1.0 12v The little un

Finally got round to taking the snow boots off the little un and having a look at the rear wiper.
    It had stopped parking where it should and had decided it would sweep some of the glass along with some of the paintwork! Finding that a bit annoying I set to work removing the trim from inside the tailgate. A cut finger and elastoplast later the trim was off! Hmm, nothing obvious, no corrosion, motor working as it should.
    So I fiddle with the wiper arm, take the cover off the nut and find the problem, a split in the wiper arm under the nut!
    Bullox! Wish I had checked that first!
    New one ordered complete arm and wiper for £8.99 from flebay.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_115016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	250868
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200527_155352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	250869

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Finally got round to taking the snow boots off the little un and having a look at the rear wiper.
    It had stopped parking where it should and had decided it would sweep some of the glass along with some of the paintwork! Finding that a bit annoying I set to work removing the trim from inside the tailgate. A cut finger and elastoplast later the trim was off! Hmm, nothing obvious, no corrosion, motor working as it should.
    So I fiddle with the wiper arm, take the cover off the nut and find the problem, a split in the wiper arm under the nut!
    Bullox! Wish I had checked that first!
    New one ordered complete arm and wiper for £8.99 from flebay.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5884[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5885[/ATTACH]
    Cheap little fix Drew.....and a relatively easy one at that

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Cheap little fix Drew.....and a relatively easy one at that
      Yeah, presumed it would be motor or something corroded but even after 17 years it was like new behind the trim. I thought the worst and just turns out the thing had split. At it's age I can forgive it that!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Yeah, presumed it would be motor or something corroded but even after 17 years it was like new behind the trim. I thought the worst and just turns out the thing had split. At it's age I can forgive it that!
        And SWMBO will be happy with you.....which is what matters most

Comment

Renault have that same issue on the Clio I was first thinking as I read this MK4 astra then got to the bit split wiper arm. Good result

Comment

Working...
          X