X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning marko,
    I got that your new car is the Grand Sport after I posted my reply thead
    I can see that you like RED
    the DRLs here in Egypt as yellow in first two categories with halogen bulbs in headlights, but in the topline the DRL is white LEDs.

Comment

I understand now. I didn't know that. There is nothing you can do to your DRLs then because they are a none serviceable part. The only thing I can think is to replace them with standard European Opel Insignia Facelift headlights. They have bright white DRLs and they drive on the right, same as you in Egypt. Doing a quick search on ebay they are roughly around £300-£350 from Germany. In theory they should be a straight swap because the only difference between them and yours is the colour of the DRLs.

With a little more searching you might be able to find used ones cheaper.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That's why I was recommending the upgrade solution to the topline headlights as the white xenon will not look good with yellow DRL, but exclusiv and guys here told me that the headlights upgrade will be a hassle and will not work that's why I want your opinions if it is possible to achieve that swap or not.
        On the other hand I thinks in installing HID kit but with 4300K to keep the yellowish colour with more brightness .... what do you think Marko ?

Comment

There is a guy from VXOC forum that managed to replace his halogen headlights with AFLs on his Astra J. I imagine the process is pretty much the same for an Insignia. If you're curious, this is the thread.

He mentioned he needed a VCI code (whatever that is) to get the units working.

Comment

Did he get everything working? Doesn't the car also need the camera built into the windscreen to auto dip the lights when there's oncoming traffic? He doesn't mention that. It's good to see someone has done it though. That opens up your options a little more, Hisham.

If you do keep your existing lights, yeah I'd go with the 4300k HIDs. They're going to give you great output but shouldn't make your DRLs look too bad.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This thread is a few years old now,, you try now and get a vci code, from GM, and that goes for any retrofit
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by i.rosca80 View Post
                There is a guy from VXOC forum that managed to replace his halogen headlights with AFLs on his Astra J. I imagine the process is pretty much the same for an Insignia. If you're curious, this is the thread.

He mentioned he needed a VCI code (whatever that is) to get the units working.
                Yes thats a while back. Unfortunately now Opel and VX have blocked people from accessing the bcm (which is required) when attempting an AFL retrofit.

Comment

Hi All,
                  It is not possible to get the code from the local GM dealer as exclsiv recommend, also for the option of keeping the headlights and put 4300 xenon is the best option less hassle I know and the attempt of installing the upgraded headlights will be messy here in Egypt as if I need any kind of support I will not find any at all even from the dealer as here the dealer technicians know the systematic services not more so I will try to get the help from outsource and I don’t trust any.
                  there is a local supplier told me that he has the 4300K HID and will install it plug and play but the product is Chinese and not known at all. I don’t know what is the decision right now !!!
                  Can anyone know how can I get original philips kit ?

Comment

You won't get Philips aftermarket HIDs because the don't do them. They used to do them in Australia but they stopped making them. I don't think they want to be associated with the aftermarket kits because of them not being legal in most countries.

China are the only supplier of the kits. There are many sellers in Europe and the UK but all are supplied from China before repackaging them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham El Zanatti View Post
                      Hi All,
                      It is not possible to get the code from the local GM dealer as exclsiv recommend, also for the option of keeping the headlights and put 4300 xenon is the best option less hassle I know and the attempt of installing the upgraded headlights will be messy here in Egypt as if I need any kind of support I will not find any at all even from the dealer as here the dealer technicians know the systematic services not more so I will try to get the help from outsource and I don’t trust any.
                      there is a local supplier told me that he has the 4300K HID and will install it plug and play but the product is Chinese and not known at all. I don’t know what is the decision right now !!!
                      Can anyone know how can I get original philips kit ?
                      what I meant was ,GM have stopped giving vci codes for retrofitting extras on cars ,that were not fitted at factory,so I doubt very much you will be able to retrofit afl lights,,not to fully function anyway .
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Morning All,
                        Know after studying all options with respect to the availability and convenience in Egypt, I found that the best way is the HID and swapping the headlights will be extremely hard cost and technical wise, now I have only one way, HID from local market with Chinese unknown brand
                        wish me luck.
                        I'll give you the updates. have a nice weekend.

Comment

Would the retrofitsource ship to Egypt?

They say worldwide shipping

I have had morimoto ballasts for 4 years now and the are still working perfectly

Comment

Hi roverspeed, thanks for your input I have searched to get morimoto hid in Egypt and I found the kit with 5000 K.
                            Can I have your review on morimoto hid and if you have pics. That will be great.
                            BTW the price is about 200$ for the 35W and that which the supplier recommended for me however I prefer the 50 W.
                            Your opinions matter.
                            Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham El Zanatti View Post
                              Hi roverspeed, thanks for your input I have searched to get morimoto hid in Egypt and I found the kit with 5000 K.
                              Can I have your review on morimoto hid and if you have pics. That will be great.
                              BTW the price is about 200$ for the 35W and that which the supplier recommended for me however I prefer the 50 W.
                              Your opinions matter.
                              Thank you so much.
                              Hi Hisham,

Yes no problems,

I have Morimoto ballasts, with HB35 5000k H1 bulbs.

My car has a projector retrofit, morimoto H1 Mini 4.0 Bixenon projectors.

The projectors are quite new, I have only had them in my Insignia since about July.

However, I have had the morimoto ballasts for about 4 years now, firsly in my Passat B6, then in my insignia with H7R bulbs and now in their present state as mentioned above.

I will have to warn you, you get a bulb out warning for about 3-5 seconds when you first turn the HID's on from cold, it goes away by itself. I think the CANBUS is very fussy in the Insignia as my Passat never did this.

I'll try to get some pictures up

Comment

[ATTClick image for larger version

Name:	20180710_231342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	242799ACH=CONFIG]682[/ATTACH]

This is the dipped beam with the specifications shown above

Comment

Working...
                                X