Possible mileage issue..or I'm doing it wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible mileage issue..or I'm doing it wrong

I feel like such an idiot to ask this...seems like an awfully basic thing..but I can't seem to be able to figure it out.

I picked up my Insignia GS 2018 last week from the showroom and it had 11 mi on the display. I didn't think much of it...but now it's showing 180 mi and it's ringing alarm bells in my head. I have definitely NOT driven that much. Not gone out of town or even used for commuting. It's only been used for social outings during evenings and a weekend, and it's all within the same town.

So, I don't know why it's racked up such a number..

Could there be a fault with the mileage?? Or am I reading it wrong?

Thank you.

Hello, check if someone else is not joy riding your car and then returning it as it has the keyless entry and start feature .

On the serious note, check the paperwork from when you brought the car, they usually put down the mileage on the invoice/receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Hello, check if someone else is not joy riding your car and then returning it as it has the keyless entry and start feature .

On the serious note, check the paperwork from when you brought the car, they usually put down the mileage on the invoice/receipt.
      LOL that's funny..(ish -_-) It is kept behind a locked door..and I'm gonna try and trust the neighbours haha

Okay, I will check the paperwork once I'm home but this is the picture I took on the day I picked it up.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Mileage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	242791

Comment

Originally posted by Lordruler View Post
        LOL that's funny..(ish -_-) It is kept behind a locked door..and I'm gonna try and trust the neighbours haha

Okay, I will check the paperwork once I'm home but this is the picture I took on the day I picked it up.
        Definitely 11 miles that

Comment

Not heard of faulty mileage reading

Comment

Then, I honestly don't know how it's racked up 180 mi...so confused..
            It is not possible. I've just reviewed my location history in Google and it shouldn't be more than 30 or 35 miles tops. Something is really off here...I feel like the numbers are counting down really fast.

Comment

Best thing to do is say set a route on google maps for 20 miles then drive that route and compare the figures

Comment

Stupid question, but wasn’t the 11 miles what was on the trip computer and the 180 the total amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  Stupid question, but wasn’t the 11 miles what was on the trip computer and the 180 the total amount?
                  Not sure what you mean, bud..
                  It was 11 mi last week when I picked it up and 180 mi today. I think the latter is also showing up in my Trip 1..I'll double-check when I get back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                    I would assume the main total mileage is always at the bottom of the screen, and trip is in the centre of the screen with the word Trip.

Comment

Just wondering how far is the dealers from your house.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Just wondering how far is the dealers from your house.
                        Very close..like 5 min drive. I've already tried to call the guy who was my main POC but he's away for X'mas now...

Comment

Okay, so I've checked the paperwork and the mileage was listed as 6 (but actually was 11 as per my photo) so I guess right off the bat, there was a discrepency albeit a small one; they did say they had a set of checks to run on the car.

Also, I've just been to the car and here are more photos. Not sure if this sheds some light on anything..

Current mileage

Name:	Total current mileage.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	242794

Trip 1

Name:	Trip 1.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	242795

Trip 2

Name:	Trip 2.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	242796

Ridiculously high mpg or what?

Name:	High mpg.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	242798

Not sure what this is..

Name:	Mileage on tank.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	242797

Comment

Reset one trip after taking photos for evidence. Drive for a set distance and see if trip milage is added exactly to total milage. Would expect mpg to be in 30's at least.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

The 6 miles stated on the paperwork will be before he salesman went to put fuel in for you. It's surprising how you rack the miles up. I'd go for a drive somewhere local where you know how many miles away it is then watch your mileage as you make the journey.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X