just handed the insignia over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just handed the insignia over

Just handed the insignia over and drove away in a 18 plate 3000 mile Viva, Now its would be around 1980 since I last drove a Viva HC, it was in fact a Viva hc firenza with 1256cc engine, have done about 30 mile my opinion so fare is a little .

I love Vauxhall's current Viva. So does my wife.
    A few years ago, 2015-16, my wife wanted to replace her old town car and we tried just about all the small cars out there and concluded that, on balance, Vauxhall had come closest to the ideal town car with their Viva.

My wife has had hers 2.5yrs - hers is spec'd with lots of extras over a standard Viva (heated seats, heated steering wheel, sunroof, aircon and more). I liked it so much that I also have one which makes a good companion to my 2.8 Insignia.

The Viva saves me about £1500/yr in fuel, tyres, maintenance etc compared to putting all the miles on my Insignia along with being much more suited to town driving where it has good all-round visibility, can squeeze through gaps and get into tight parking spaces - and it spares the Insignia from being bumped by car doors or trolleys in the supermarket car park.
    And my Viva comfortably fits into my garage when not required.

Comment

I am similar to you that i have little town car for the exact same reasons but i limit the price of the runaround to £1500, currently its renault modus and up till 3 month ago it was a Citroen C2 which is of a similar size to the Viva paid £800 for that and ran it 4 years.

Comment

When I took my Insignia in to Vauxhall to have the wheel bearing replaced under warranty, they gave me a Viva as a courtesy car. Went home and could wait for the call to say that the Insignia was ready to be collected. I hated the Viva and also told the dealer what I thought. I said I would rather drive the old classic Viva than the new one.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          When I took my Insignia in to Vauxhall to have the wheel bearing replaced under warranty, they gave me a Viva as a courtesy car. Went home and could wait for the call to say that the Insignia was ready to be collected. I hated the Viva and also told the dealer what I thought. I said I would rather drive the old classic Viva than the new one.
          Thats where im at with it and i'm used to driving small along side large cars (i,m in and out different cars all the time).

Comment

I hated the Viva and also told the dealer what I thought.
            Why did you hate it?
            Is the Viva more hate-worthy than other small cars?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
              Why did you hate it?
              Is the Viva more hate-worthy than other small cars?
              Just very basic and did not like it at all, styling and shape just didn’t do anything for me...
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Just very basic and did not like it at all...
                On the subject of basic, when my wife was looking, the VW Up didn't even come with steering wheel controls - only added on higher-spec Up models about a year ago!

Comment

When I heard they were brining back the Viva I expected it to be a bit bigger, more Astra size. Vauxhall have a few cars around the same size of the Viva (Corsa and Adam) so they must have plenty of interest.

It's like any class really. There are low and high spec. A higher spec Viva will be a more pleasant place to be than in a basic spec.

So I take it you haven't replaced the Insignia for the Viva, ilunn ?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    When I heard they were brining back the Viva I expected it to be a bit bigger, more Astra size.
                    It's similar in size to the late-1990s/early-2000s Corsa. The Corsa has grown to the size of an Astra. The Astra has almost grown to the size of the Vectra.

Give it a couple of model revisions and the Viva will be the size of an old Astra.

Comment

Measurements for current Vauxhall models:

Viva: 3.68 x 1.60m
                      Adam: 3.70 x 1.72m
                      Corsa: 4.02 x 1.75m
                      Astra: 4.37 x 1.81m
                      Insignia: 4.90 x 1.86m

And for interest:
                      Corsa B: 3.73 x 1.61m (only very slightly larger than the Viva)

Comment

I'm surprised the Viva is smaller than the Adam. I'd have thought it would have been slipped in between the Corsa and Astra based on the original.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm surprised the Viva is smaller than the Adam. I'd have thought it would have been slipped in between the Corsa and Astra based on the original.
                          Viva is about the same size as VW Up, Suzuki Celerio etc.
                          Prior to Viva, Vauxhall's town car was the Suzuki Splash, rebadged as Agila. Vauxhall needed something for the city car segment.

Adam is about style, with practicality and functionality way down the list of priorities. Viva is the polar opposite.

Having tried just about every A-segment car, Vauxhall's overall package in the form of the Viva is the best. Admittedly Viva isn't perfect, but it's less imperfect than all the other A-segment cars.

Comment

I found it a little light on steering for my liking and it was the most basic of spec range, i think around town just about Ok just but get on motorway and with the light steering felt a little vulnerable, where as I was regularly flying down A1 in the Citroen C2 (2005) which is about the same size car happily in outside lane keeping up with the rest of 80mph + traffic. I'm currently running a 2008 Renault Modus which is basically a Clio with bigger rear end but as yet not been much above 75 with it.

Comment

When I heard they were brining back the Viva I expected it to be a bit bigger, more Astra size. Vauxhall have a few cars around the same size of the Viva (Corsa and Adam) so they must have plenty of interest.

It's like any class really. There are low and high spec. A higher spec Viva will be a more pleasant place to be than in a basic spec.

So I take it you haven't replaced the Insignia for the Viva, ilunn ?
                              Thankfully no it was courtesy car while they did a service and MOT, quite rare for me as I usually do all my own work but as its still got warranty and the service package (2 services (1 majer and 1 miner) + 2 Mots I would struggle to do the service' and pay for 2 Mot's for the cost of the service package offered as part of the purchase deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X