• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    I've gotta cheapo from fleabay.
    Camera built into the interior mirror.
    Came with reverse camera too.
    Quality is spot on as well......£15.
    what one did you go with,its something ive always wanted to get for my car but just unsure of what to go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Andys1981 View Post
      what one did you go with,its something ive always wanted to get for my car but just unsure of what to go for.

This is it bud

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        Cheers bud

Comment

Hey guys, Halfrauds have just knocked £38 off the 522, down to £111. Am about to order one, but not going for the Nextbase micro SD card (£35 for 64mb), getting a 128gb U3 from Amazon for£13. As the hardwire kit is£20 but Halfrauds charge£30 for fitting may as well get them to fit it too.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Hey guys, Halfrauds have just knocked £38 off the 522, down to £111. Am about to order one, but not going for the Nextbase micro SD card (£35 for 64mb), getting a 128gb U3 from Amazon for£13. As the hardwire kit is£20 but Halfrauds charge£30 for fitting may as well get them to fit it too.
            Hardwire kit can be purchased on eBay lot cheaper rland just fit it your self is not hard

Comment

It's too bloody cold this time of year to be messing about routing cables, so I went for the Halfrauds offer - £177 for the 522GW, rear module and fitting.
              First impressions are that the camera is great, the Alexa function need you to switch the default assistant on your phone to Alexa, and the SOS function needs you to run the battery-hungry MyNextbase app on your phone. Maybe ok for long journeys, but won't bother for pootling about.
              Quality of the footage is excellent, but the battery doesn't seem to be charging to full, maybe it will on a long journey?
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah, that's about the only thing I hate about mine. The battery only lasts about 15 to 20mins(if your lucky) if fully charged, even worse if you have the park setting on. I tend to take it inside and give it a decent charge once in a while to keep it topped up(not sure if it's to do with inadequate charging through the kit etc.), but it seems it needs to be hardwired or permanently plugged in with dangling cables to get the most out of it unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X