Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No job in time for Christmas!

I've had the worst year this year.
    I'm a Trout farmer, and in February this year I took a "job upgrade" working as a manager of a farm in the south of England. Within the first couple months I realised the job was not what it was meant to be at all, I didn't "manage" anything was basically doing slave labour for some rich tw@t while he went on holiday all the time! The hours were ridiculous with no paid overtime, and the pay turned out to be a lot less than I had agreed to and ended up being £400 a month less than my previous job. And to top it all off my dad died. I was desperately looking for another job so I could get out, and a temporary position opened up at my previous job. So I went back with the intention of trying to find something else in the 10 weeks I had at my old job. The perfect job came along, I sailed through the interview and thought this was finally it and I could relax, I was offered the job and within a week of my start date the job suddenly just wasn't available anymore. I have had no work for 3 weeks now and it's driving me mad. I have no money for Christmas and 2 kids, we are all staying with my in-laws until I can find work.
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Hope something works out for ya bud

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
      Hope something works out for ya bud
      Yeah man, me too. Just the worst time!
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
        I've had the worst year this year.
        I'm a Trout farmer, and in February this year I took a "job upgrade" working as a manager of a farm in the south of England. Within the first couple months I realised the job was not what it was meant to be at all, I didn't "manage" anything was basically doing slave labour for some rich tw@t while he went on holiday all the time! The hours were ridiculous with no paid overtime, and the pay turned out to be a lot less than I had agreed to and ended up being £400 a month less than my previous job. And to top it all off my dad died. I was desperately looking for another job so I could get out, and a temporary position opened up at my previous job. So I went back with the intention of trying to find something else in the 10 weeks I had at my old job. The perfect job came along, I sailed through the interview and thought this was finally it and I could relax, I was offered the job and within a week of my start date the job suddenly just wasn't available anymore. I have had no work for 3 weeks now and it's driving me mad. I have no money for Christmas and 2 kids, we are all staying with my in-laws until I can find work.
        Where was the farm in South England????
        Wasn't around Sheffield was it?

Comment

Tbh mate.....I sympathize with you.
          This time last year, we knew something was up at work but our bosses denied it....... then on the 28th of December....he turffed us all out with no wages at all.
          We went 3 months without any money having to live off savings etc and still having to get by.

Something will turn up mate....it always does.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Tbh mate.....I sympathize with you.
            This time last year, we knew something was up at work but our bosses denied it....... then on the 28th of December....he turffed us all out with no wages at all.
            We went 3 months without any money having to live off savings etc and still having to get by.

Something will turn up mate....it always does.
            Yeah I hope so, just been feeling really useless lately, all this time off has actually been really boring, I haven't spent more than a week off work for over 10 years! I just hope I can get something sorted before Xmas so all presents aren't bought with borrowed money. Job was in Devon, was a lovely area but the job was plain terrible. I got hit by a drunk driver while out in the work vehicle, I phoned my boss and he told me I'd have to let it go since I wasn't actually insured!

Comment

Yeah I hope so, just been feeling really useless lately, all this time off has actually been really boring, I haven't spent more than a week off work for over 10 years! I just hope I can get something sorted before Xmas so all presents aren't bought with borrowed money. Job was in Devon, was a lovely area but the job was plain terrible. I got hit by a drunk driver while out in the work vehicle, I phoned my boss and he told me I'd have to let it go since I wasn't actually insured!
              If you signed a contract with him, then he's got to be insured as an employer.....and employers insurance will cover all aspects of liability.
              I think he's took you for a ride pal.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                If you signed a contract with him, then he's got to be insured as an employer.....and employers insurance will cover all aspects of liability.
                I think he's took you for a ride pal.
                There was no contract, which was good for me, I packed up a left over night without him even knowing, didn't have to give any notice since I never signed anything

Comment

You’ve had a terrible time but keep your chin up there is always something around the corner as RBS says if you want to work you will find it just a pity you’re going through all this **** now but it will get better and all the best of luck

Comment

My condolences about your father. Stay strong and don't give up. Have you considered moving abroad? USA, perhaps? They have Insignias there too and petrol is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by StartUpTheRotors View Post
                      My condolences about your father. Stay strong and don't give up. Have you considered moving abroad? USA, perhaps? They have Insignias there too and petrol is cheaper.
                      Haha, to be honest the us is one of the last places I'd want to live. Scandinavia is very appealing though, I'll find work eventually, don't think the wife would want to move too far from her family. Thanks for the kind words

Comment

Originally posted by big b View Post
                        You’ve had a terrible time but keep your chin up there is always something around the corner as RBS says if you want to work you will find it just a pity you’re going through all this **** now but it will get better and all the best of luck
                        Thanks man, was feeling particularly lousy when I posted that, had a couple little handyman jobs yesterday and today so felt good to be actually doing something!

Comment

Haha, to be honest the us is one of the last places I'd want to live. Scandinavia is very appealing though, I'll find work eventually, don't think the wife would want to move too far from her family. Thanks for the kind words
                          I can think of much worse places than the U.S. Venezuela, South Africa and China for example.

Comment

Originally posted by StartUpTheRotors View Post
                            I can think of much worse places than the U.S. Venezuela, South Africa and China for example.
                            There are too many things about the US that put me off, I wouldn't even consider the other places you mentioned, too hot for me. Plus I don't speak the right languages. US politics is enough to put me off. And the whole guns before kids thing that will probably never change

Comment

That’s good pal keep your chin up things will get better [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X