Potential new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
    On the plus side, those steel wheels with large-sidewall tyres should be just right for resisting the hits from the potholed third-world tracks we now have to drive on - and no worries about kerbing.
    Good point, you should consider on car choice
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      Cheapest 2.0T I can find, a bit of haggling would bring it down to a fair price, but it's done 100k:
      I'd bet on it being an ex-dealer demo car due to its combination of age, the dark grey colour and cream leather seats.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...NSIGNIA&page=1
      Nice that, just the mileage is bit high.

Worth haggling to near £4000?

Comment

I haven’t really set a budget and I’m trying not to be impulsive like when I bought my Vectra A’s by the time I had paid off the finance it worked out to have cost the best part of £12000 for a £7000 four year old car that is now worth very little.

Yes I know we don’t buy cars as an investment and they lose value I have had the usual cdti issues that the Vectra has inlet manifold and dmf and have spent the money to get the car sorted.

But over the last couple of years it is now starting to cost as things like brake lines have needed doing and more recently have found what looks to be potentially oil in the water of the coolant reservoir, possible leaking injector seals and a hand brake issue that looks to be one of the rear callipers.

Which has put me in a real downward spiral the car as I have just finished paying my wife’s car off and had talked myself out of getting a new car for myself but sort of feel like my had is been forced but it’s in the garage next week for investigation and repair quotation.

I really don’t want to throw anymore money at it if I’m honest but really don’t want to spend over the odds and a new car either.

I have had four cars in the time I have been driving a Peugeot 205 as my first car before moving on to a corsa b then an Astra g before getting the Vectra, I have looked at cars outside of Vauxhall but keep coming back to them as dependant on spec you can get a lot of car for not a lot of money.

I think I just need to wait and see what the garage comes back with on Wednesday and see where it goes from there.

But in the mean time thanks for all your helpful advice it is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Nice that, just the mileage is bit high.

Worth haggling to near £4000?
          Nowadays most dealers don't seem to want to haggle as much as they used to on used cars, maybe 5-10%.
          The best way to judge how much they might move will be to see how long the advert has been up, especially if they are a large chain dealer with stock turnover targets. A car that's only got a week left before its time is up may be let go at a surprisingly low price if you can complete the deal in time.

Comment

Originally posted by xX JT Xx View Post
            By the time I had paid off the finance it worked out to have cost the best part of £12000 for a £7000 four year old car that is now worth very little.
            Don't take the dealers Finance when bank interest rates are so low!! Check your bank you can get loans for around 2.9% so on £15k you only pay around £1100 interest over 5 years.
            And if you keepa newer Siggy as long as you kept the Vectra that's going to be a saving
            If Finance company's will accept you so will your bank
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
            X