No announcement yet.

Insignia 2.0 CDTI mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these mpgs based on calculating mileage covered divided by the refueling amount or what the display shows......which is often optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Are these mpgs based on calculating mileage covered divided by the refueling amount or what the display shows......which is often optimistic.
      Mine is as the dispaly says. I've only just got the car though so out of interest, I will be calculating it when I refil the tank. I'll let you know.

Comment

I’ve just done my first tank of diesel and it works out at 41.42mpg but it was cheapo tescos fuel, 2nd tank is shell ordinary stuff

Comment

Refilled the tank yesterday after 707miles, I put in 64.95 litres giving an MPG OF 49.49 MPG.

The display estimated 52.2 MPG so was out by +5%.

I made the car a bit angry though, had a warning on the cluster that couldn’t be cleared saying “Action Required - Fuel level low” & the reserve light was flashing at me!

Edit to add it’s a 64 plate tourer.
          Last edited by Mark G; 28-02-2018, 04:37 PM. Reason: Car spec added

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
            Mine are always done by filling the tank and working it out, the display is handy but I’ve never had a accurate one yet

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
              Mine are always done by filling the tank and working it out, the display is handy but I’ve never had a accurate one yet
              I’ll keep an eye on mine, it’ll be interesting to see if it’s always +5% or if it varies +/- each time.

Comment

Working...
              X