Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia 2.0 Petrol turbo waste-gate solenoid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 Petrol turbo waste-gate solenoid.

Hi everyone!

New here and first time posting on the forum, so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I have a petrol 2.0 turbo VX line 4x4 Nav Insignia. When accelerating i have little power and the turbo is not kicking in. I plugged in the trusty diagnostic machine and it tells me the Waste-gate solenoid is the problem. I have spent a while under the bonnet and can't for the life of me find it! No amount of googling yields an answer either. Every website points me towards the location where it would be on the diesel model.

Please can you fine fellows enlighten me as to the location of the Waste-gate solenoid on the petrol engine? Also, is it an easy job to change myself?

Many thanks

On the diesels it is on the front slam panel.
    It’s prob a different part than the diesels, look on eBay do you know what the part looks like?
    This site may help
    spare parts catalog VAUXHALL, original catalog VAUXHALL, online catalog VAUXHALL, car catalog VAUXHALL

A solenoid fault is usually down to an air leak or similar, rather than the solenoid itself

Comment

Yes it is a different part to the diesel. Yes i know what it looks like, but I can't find it on the car.

Does anyone here have a workshop manual? I just need to know the location on the 2011 2.0 turbo PETROL engine.

Comment

That link should give you an exploded parts diagram to help point you.

Comment

Sadly it shows me nothing apart from the chassis type when i type in my VIN. It seems this is a rare car. VIN is WOLGS6EE9B1108368 if you'd be kind enough to try it yourself. I may be doing something horribly wrong.

I am sincerely grateful for your help and patience.

Comment

I have had that bother before. Try using the manual selection just using the model type etc.
            I have had a dealer email me a diagram before to make sure correct part

Comment

is this drawing of any help?. It seems you need to follow the vacuum hoses to find it.

Comment

Might be this one on the turbo

Comment

To be perfectly honest I am not sure.

Comment

That's great thanks. I'll get her over the pit later and have another look.

Comment

That's probably it on the turbo next to the actuator

Comment

That's the chap! Just spoke to Vauxhall and they said there is none in the UK, but there is one on a shelf in Germany that they can get shipped over for £350!!! I have found a few places in America that ship them internationally and can have one sent over for £40 including shipping!! Much better! However that does mean waiting 3 weeks for the part to arrive.

Would it be ok to drive the car with the fault until the part arrives? Would it cause any damage to the engine? Seems to drive ok, just the turbo won't kick in.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
                          there is one on a shelf in Germany that they can get shipped over for £350!!!
                          Fantastic, I take 2, 1 for spare .

Comment

I should import a box full from America and start selling them to Germany!

Comment

Working...
                            X