My old vectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
    To be expected...they were just bog standard Vectras bought in bulk at a guess and farmed out as hire cars so never really looked after especially by those using them! Looking up the range there was actually one below it in the range called "Base"...presumably that just came with boxes to sit on!!

Definitely remember them having the trafficmaster button on the dash mind you...occasionally came in handy, annoying as hell though when it continually reminded you about slow traffic on a motorway when you are in it!!
    Bet you miss those days really

Comment

The seats in mine were extremely comfortable.....long journeys were effortless.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190713-WA0021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	243371

Name:	IMG-20190713-WA0020.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	243372

Name:	IMG-20190713-WA0022.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	243373

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        Bet you miss those days really
        To be honest i really enjoyed being out and about rather than stuck in the office. Think i travelled about 20,000 miles just with work that year, spent the first 6 months doing it on my own and then they took someone else on to do it with me. Came to an agreement that he would do the southern based ones as i hated going down and round the M25 and i'd do everything north of us. We were based in Chesterfield so pretty central. Generally most weeks i finished at 12 on a Friday as i'd done my hours and more for the week. Remember one week leaving Tuesday lunch to drive to Glasgow, spent Wednesday morning installing at Celtic club shop then on to Edinburgh for an install but they'd not got the stuff so was out early. Wednesday night in Seahouses after a casual trip down the coast on the A1 in the sun then onto Newcastle Thursday morning for a demo then back Thursday afternoon. Rolled into the office at 9am Friday morning to tidy some bits up and do expenses then left at 12 to go and play snooker and have a beer before going out Friday night....shame it was all in a Vectra!!

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1719[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1721[/ATTACH]
          They look a million times better than the crap ones i had to deal with....probably more like this but with the steering wheel in the right place!!

Name:	750px-Opel.vectra.b-interior.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	243374

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
            They look a million times better than the crap ones i had to deal with....probably more like this but with the steering wheel in the right place!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1722[/ATTACH]
            The one your showing is the Vectra B.....I had 3 of these and loved them.....but the lowest spec I had was the SRI....but found all the vec B seats comfy

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1719[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1721[/ATTACH]
              Those full leather recaro look amazing, done the right choice to keep your vectra in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Those full leather recaro look amazing, done the right choice to keep your vectra in the family.
                Ray....that's why he jumped at the chance for it when I bought the insignia.
                He didn't want it going to someone who would waste it.
                Both front and rears are heated. Twin audio, rear electric windows, ambient light in all the doors, genuine irmscher mirrors, door pillars.....the list is endless....

Comment

I had a Vectra C preface 2.0T 'Edition 100' with the lovely Saab-developed turbo engine, 173bhp stock and mapped to 222bhp. One of only 500 made....I will always remember how good it was to drive.

Comment

This Vectra 'B' was a good one,gave me good service over the years:

IMAG0079 by howard jones, on Flickr
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                      This Vectra 'B' was a good one,gave me good service over the years:

IMAG0079 by howard jones, on Flickr
                      Totally agree on this....I had 3 Vectra b's and they were faultless

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1892[/ATTACH Interesting to see the differences between Vectra and GS from the same angle and in the same colour.]
                        Attached Files
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

£400 had it nearly 3 years, scrapped it when fuel pump went. Great car.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

First vec i owned

Name:	yhjmn.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	243469

Name:	gfgf.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	243470

Name:	t4g.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	243471

2nd Vec i owned for 9 years before my Siggy

Name:	493f8e54-71a3-4fcc-90d8-c428c6e197fd.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	243472

Name:	993a43a2-f01b-40f8-8ad6-7c00af318757.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	243473

Comment

Name:	Just been polished _).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	243474

Name:	IMG-20160814-WA0030.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	243475

just a couple of mine before I got the pomegranate Vectra c

Name:	IMG-20190715-WA0014.jpg
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	243476

Comment

Some beauties there lads. I do like the OPC and the Opel styling and what not.there are loads I follow on Instagram and they look spot on.

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                                £400 had it nearly 3 years, scrapped it when fuel pump went. Great car.
                                I had one exactly the same as that but petrol. It used to leak oil into the throttle body and cut out while I was driving. Was fun one night when it did it just before going round a bend and the power stearing suddenly went.

Comment

Working...
                                X