X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Discs Sizes

Hi all!
    New member here,

I'm going to replace my front and rear discs and pads, could anyone advise what size my rear discs are if my fronts are 296mm?

Thanks in advanced!

2010 V.Insignia sports tourer 2.0CDTI

Are you sure about the front size, as I thought diesel sport tourers always got the bigger set. Anyway, in case you really got the small ones in front, the back will also be the smallest one. Those are the non-ventilated.

Comment

292mm

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
        Are you sure about the front size, as I thought diesel sport tourers always got the bigger set. Anyway, in case you really got the small ones in front, the back will also be the smallest one. Those are the non-ventilated.
        Thanks. I also found it weird looking through past threads that they are the smallest size on a 2L Diesel...
        The fronts are definitely 296mm OuterDia Vented.

Comment

Pretty sure that with 321 the rears are vented and with 296 the rears are solid, so that will be your best indicator.

Comment

Pay a little more and go for the ones that have the anti corrosion coating on them.
            We worth the extra, 3 years after I fitted them to my last car they still looked like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
              Pay a little more and go for the ones that have the anti corrosion coating on them.
              We worth the extra, 3 years after I fitted them to my last car they still looked like new.
              Good call,

I was very pleasantly surprised when I was doing discs and pads for a mate. He is running a Vectra 2.0 DTI on a budget, we got the cheapest discs and pads at the local motor factors.

£94 all in, for discs and pads all round!!! Frankly amazing.

Anyways, the pleasant surprise was even these cheap discs were coated.

Comment

Just changed my front disc on my face lift ST 321 dia vented. rear is vented as well. Only changed the pads on the rear, some life left in the disc yet.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I've used the following link http://astra-3.pl/vin.php?lang=en before, but I seem to remember some other site giving detail about brake disc sizes. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I've got a 2009 Elite hatch 1.8 petrol & I'm pretty certain I have the 296mm front discs as the rears are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                    I've used the following link http://astra-3.pl/vin.php?lang=en before, but I seem to remember some other site giving detail about brake disc sizes. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I've got a 2009 Elite hatch 1.8 petrol & I'm pretty certain I have the 296mm front discs as the rears are solid.
                    Found it, it's vauxhall.7zap.com/en/car/ enter your VIN & you can get more details than the above link.

Comment

Working...
                    X