Chuvvit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuvvit

Not mine but what a stunning Chevette, looked brand new and with a 2.3 engine... went like the wind at Cadwell
    Attached Files

That looks like the mega rare HSR chevette.
    There were 2 made for DTV, the HS and the HSR.

The HS were mainly silver with the fancy alloys, decals and the 2.3 twin cam slant 4 engine, where as the HSR were mega rare, wide kit, different paint and decals.
    It had the same engine but it was upgraded and tuned by Bill Blydenstein.

That wee chevette, if genuine is worth a fortune....and being a 1979 V reg, it could well be the real deal..... different alloys though.

Comment

It was a toss up between an old Chevette or an old Mini when looking for my first car in 88. The Mini was the first one I found in decent condition for my scraped together £350. Always liked the look of the Chevette. It was the one that got away.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        It was a toss up between an old Chevette or an old Mini when looking for my first car in 88. The Mini was the first one I found in decent condition for my scraped together £350. Always liked the look of the Chevette. It was the one that got away.
        was it the one in the pic marko301?! hehe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
          was it the one in the pic marko301?! hehe!!!
          I wish

I'd just come to the end of a young workers scheme on 40 quid a week. The car was what I'd got together from a few months of my "full wage" which wasn't much better in those days tbh. Who'd have thought I'd still be working for the same people today. Money a lot better these days though.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I wish

I'd just come to the end of a young workers scheme on 40 quid a week. The car was what I'd got together from a few months of my "full wage" which wasn't much better in those days tbh. Who'd have thought I'd still be working for the same people today. Money a lot better these days though.
            I started work in 1988 - YTS - £27.50 per week,. cost me £35.00 per week on the train to get to work!!

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              That looks like the mega rare HSR chevette.
              There were 2 made for DTV, the HS and the HSR.

The HS were mainly silver with the fancy alloys, decals and the 2.3 twin cam slant 4 engine, where as the HSR were mega rare, wide kit, different paint and decals.
              It had the same engine but it was upgraded and tuned by Bill Blydenstein.

That wee chevette, if genuine is worth a fortune....and being a 1979 V reg, it could well be the real deal..... different alloys though.
              Googled HSR Chevette as i hadnt heard of them and third pic in linked to this Youtube video...looks like the above car is one although its been tinkered with!!

This incredibly clean Chevette belongs to Alasdair Stables and was built and tuned by RetroPower, the restoration experts from England that are also building...

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                Googled HSR Chevette as i hadnt heard of them and third pic in linked to this Youtube video...looks like the above car is one although its been tinkered with!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFEp1FzarNM
                Everyday is a school day .

Us oldies have some memories....

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                  I started work in 1988 - YTS - £27.50 per week,. cost me £35.00 per week on the train to get to work!!
                  Yeah i did a yts 84/85. Don't know they're born now. Won't get off their arses.

Comment

Yeah i did a yts 84/85. Don't know they're born now. Won't get off their arses.
                    Your so right.
                    I got £25.25 for 5 days yts.
                    I was a tenner for my digs and my zone/weekly card for the bus was £5.50.

I managed all week on £9.75.....now that only gets a couple of Costas

Comment

Buy one as your daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Buy one as your daily driver
                        And get rid of my Crafter???
                        Noooooooo

Comment

I'm waiting for the old retired minister to pop his clogs and waiting to see what his daughter will do with his old car.
                          It's been sitting in his garage for years since he stopped driving.
                          It's a 1982/83 Astra Celebrity.

He's had it since new.
                          It's probably never seen daylight since the mid nineties.....but it's still in the garage one piece.

Comment

And get rid of my Crafter???
                            Noooooooo

Your facelift one day be a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post

Your facelift one day be a classic.
                              I'll be kicking up daisies by then

Comment

Working...
                              X