TPMS Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
    I never bother with my sensors. I have one at the back that if you go a bit lively down the motor way it looses signal and brings on the light. I just ignore it now
    Mine is just the same, its a rubbish system.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieArchy View Post
      I’ve figured out the all 4 sensors work but the car somehow only wants to pick up the wheels on the passenger (left) side and not the wheels on the drivers side.

Is there anyway I can reset the system?

Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader at the lowest UK prices from Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 for Car Accessories, Car Styling & Car Care. Buy today Online, In store or by Phone + Branches Nationwide – Next Day UK Free Delivery.

Would this help??

Thanks
      The link you put on is NOT for tyre pressure test/reset Its just engine fault code reader.

Comment

I had the same problem about a year after I bought my Insi. There are only a couple of manufacturers who make the sensors. Opel/Vauxhall usually use Schrader sensors. The OEM ones “learn” within a couple of miles. I managed to get mine all replaced under warranty, and the dealer said that the wheel/tyre size doesn’t affect them.

The batteries should, from new, last about 6 years, depending on climate. If the sensors are new, I would complain and have them exchanged.
        Opel Insignia BiTurbo, 2015, Fully Loaded:DD

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
          The link you put on is NOT for tyre pressure test/reset Its just engine fault code reader.
          Yeah I know that but with the warning light for the tpms being up on the dash will that not read that error and be able to reset it so the car picks up the 4 sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by Chri_s84 View Post
            I had the same problem about a year after I bought my Insi. There are only a couple of manufacturers who make the sensors. Opel/Vauxhall usually use Schrader sensors. The OEM ones “learn” within a couple of miles. I managed to get mine all replaced under warranty, and the dealer said that the wheel/tyre size doesn’t affect them.

The batteries should, from new, last about 6 years, depending on climate. If the sensors are new, I would complain and have them exchanged.
            Yes they are brand new sensors but all sensors seem to be fine it’s the car that for one reason or another is only picking up the wheels on the passenger side of the car.

Comment

Yeah I know that but with the warning light for the tpms being up on the dash will that not read that error and be able to reset it so the car picks up the 4 sensors?
              It will reset its self when it see's the 4 sensors.

Comment

It will reset its self when it see's the 4 sensors.
                Any suggestions on how to do this??

Comment

Any suggestions on how to do this??
                  should have added
                  It will reset its self when it see's the 4 sensors "and at the correct pressures" Mine has got 3 pressure range settings adjusted by steering wheel buttons have you checked that its not got accidentally changed.

Comment

should have added
                    It will reset its self when it see's the 4 sensors "and at the correct pressures" Mine has got 3 pressure range settings adjusted by steering wheel buttons have you checked that its not got accidentally changed.
                    What year is yours?? Mines has no setting to change where it displays the pressures

Comment

I guess the only real way to tell, is to swap the wheels around and see what happens. Seems GM have some issues with receivers (keyless entry + Start/Stop) keeps fannying around on mine thead

Comment

I guess the only real way to tell, is to swap the wheels around and see what happens. Seems GM have some issues with receivers (keyless entry + Start/Stop) keeps fannying around on mine thead
                        I’ve swapped all wheels around and no matter the combination, what wheels fitted where, it always just picks up the two wheels on the passenger side and not the wheels on the drivers side

Comment

Probably a silly question, but did the dealer/seller where you got the sensors from use your VIN No. to make sure they are compatible? Might be worth going to an independent garage to see if they can „re-learn“ the sensors.
                          If that doesn’t work, check if there are any errors on the OBCD.

Comment

What year is yours?? Mines has no setting to change where it displays the pressures
                            Mines Sept 2015 reg car but is the 2016 model. Im sure I have seen somewhere on this forum that some earlier cars have the option to switch TPMS off totally, but newer cars the "off" option is not there as its legal requirement now to have TPMS.

Comment

Mines Sept 2015 reg car but is the 2016 model. Im sure I have seen somewhere on this forum that some earlier cars have the option to switch TPMS off totally, but newer cars the "off" option is not there as its legal requirement now to have TPMS.
                              Yeah 2014 onwards it’s a legal requirement put in by the EU that all cars have to have the TPMS system installed.

Comment

Probably a silly question, but did the dealer/seller where you got the sensors from use your VIN No. to make sure they are compatible? Might be worth going to an independent garage to see if they can „re-learn“ the sensors.
                                If that doesn’t work, check if there are any errors on the OBCD.

I don’t know about the VIN no stuff. I’ve an auto electrician coming to look at it on Wednesday but I would have rather tried to get it foxed myself cause god knows how much he’s gonna charge me

Comment

Working...
                                X